Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hillview Open August 30th Bank Holiday Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillview Open August 30th Bank Holiday Monday

Monday 30th August 2010
    21 anglers turned out today for the Bank Holiday Open... thanks to all who turned out today... and a big thanks to the Welsh lads for making there appearance... good to see you all... hope you can make it to the winter league which kicks off in October.
    Ok... the result... Keith put it to the vote... 3 or all 4 canals... we couldn't use the lakes today... full... pleasure anglers.
    Anyway... 4 canals won the vote... 5 on canal 2,3 and 4 and 6 on the 1st canal.

THE RESULT
    1st G Boycott (Romsey Bait & Tackle) 118.9 peg 92 4th canal
    2nd Nev '2metres' Groves (Top 4's) 97.0 peg 42 1st canal
    3rd Ian Exall (Nobblers) 76.0 peg 98 4th canal
    4th Trev 'Avonman' Chalk (Hillview) 59.3 peg 59 2nd canal
    5th R Jones (Hillview/Wales) 58.0 peg 67 2nd canal
    6th R Salmon (Meadow View/Manchester) 57.0 peg 56 2nd canal
    7th G Hall (Monners AC) 54.3 peg 77 3rd canal
    8th M Blackmore (Monners AC) 49.2 peg 87 4th canal

Tough match today... well not for everyone... but it was always going to be tough for me... CANALS... you love'em or... well you know what I mean.
    Back to work tomorrow... roll on next week... is it time for a bait change... yep... I think so.

Just a note... we have had interest from yet another team today for the winter league... thats 7... it will be great to get 10 all booked in and paid up by the end of September.

Cheers all
    Corky1

Dave 'Huggy' Huggins...if you see this result... let me know if you are ok for the winter league team.

Cheers
    Chris

Comment

Nice one Chris. I enjoyed the match,caught well all day but only put 4 fish in the net in the last hour...totally dried up! Luckily it didn't cost me as it seems it went hard for most people. Just wish it was a bit closer to home.....

Comment

Originally posted by welshmagic View Post
        Nice one Chris. I enjoyed the match,caught well all day but only put 4 fish in the net in the last hour...totally dried up! Luckily it didn't cost me as it seems it went hard for most people. Just wish it was a bit closer to home.....
        Hillview is a great venue... hope we see you again... when you are next up this way.
        well done... it was a great win... did you fish caster shallow all day ?

Comment

Pretty much mate. I had 55 carp in total- 4 or 5 on paste short when resting the long line and all the rest on caster right up the far bank, 3-4 inches deep. I would have had more if it wasn't for 3 ducks..every time I shipped back with a fish they would dive into the peg with their @rses in the air which meant I couldn't feed when my pole wasn't over the water. This was only a problem in the last two hours but it slowed me right down as I couldn't feed when I was playing fish. Before they started doing that I was absolutely sacking! Enjoyable match though and I'll definitely be back up at some point,just wish I could fish the WL!

Comment

Originally posted by welshmagic View Post
            Pretty much mate. I had 55 carp in total- 4 or 5 on paste short when resting the long line and all the rest on caster right up the far bank, 3-4 inches deep. I would have had more if it wasn't for 3 ducks..every time I shipped back with a fish they would dive into the peg with their @rses in the air which meant I couldn't feed when my pole wasn't over the water. This was only a problem in the last two hours but it slowed me right down as I couldn't feed when I was playing fish. Before they started doing that I was absolutely sacking! Enjoyable match though and I'll definitely be back up at some point,just wish I could fish the WL!
            Shame you can't fish... anyway... good luck with your fishing down south... see you later.

Cheers
            Chris

Comment

Working...
            X