Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Northern Intersite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Intersite

Well we didn't do to well, but thanks to everyone that turned out for us .
    I turned up 15 mins before the all-out to be greeted by silverback having his laccy tested by a foul hooked carp, he played it for about 10mins but then all he got for his pains was a scale .
    I spent a few minute chatting with zinky, the only poster on Angling Forums and to say he was disappointed with the venue would be slightly understated. That wasn't ever the best end of the lake and everyone that end struggled.
    After the shout I walked along and found Bushy who had been nominated captain for the day.
    [IMG][/IMG]

The weigh in started with Big Lad Wigan from md's who had struggled for 4 bits all day. I haven't got the weights, they will no doubt be posted soon. The winner was a local lad fishing for Total Fishing who had been placed on the flier and fished 19m shallow for an easy win with about 171lbs.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Here is our team, yes it does look like a pops ac outing, thanks lads

It was good to have a chat with complete tangler aswell, hyope he has a good journey home back to Hull . I missed matchgaz cos he shot off to watch the match, maybe next time.

Points wise we came last with 20 points (which wasn't helped by limpet tipping back ), you bad boy. He's the one wearing a carrot on his head

home safe and well

arrived home many thanks to all the lads for a good laugh nice to meet polepot and put a few faces to names . i'm just organising a second mortgage to replace all my trashed gear....4 - 8 to the carp !
    the carrot bites back:D
    ooh you are awful!!

Comment

Directions Home

Originally posted by compleat tangler
      arrived home many thanks to all the lads for a good laugh nice to meet polepot and put a few faces to names . i'm just organising a second mortgage to replace all my trashed gear....4 - 8 to the carp !
      Hi mate,

How did you find my directions to get back to the M62

Regards

John

Comment

hi c t how did you and your mate the carrot do and how did the team do as well hope you had a lot of fish c t.. it is nice to put faces to names and to meet the lads we all talk to...

Comment

Originally posted by JB56
          Hi mate,

How did you find my directions to get back to the M62

Regards

John
          cock on mate that road that runs to burnley i 've been on it before recognised the landscape. lot better than aa routemaster.

hope to see you all again some time
          the carrot bites back:D
          ooh you are awful!!

Comment

well done to all the guys who represented Talk Angling.....and nice one polepot for going out in the day light
            In darkness we do what we can
            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Right then actual results-
              1st John Gorman TF 171lb
              2nd Ian Ward (chin) MD 93lb
              3rd Neil Powel (hillbilly) TF 70lb 4oz

sections
              1-10 Chunkylover MD 67lb 12oz
              11-21 Alex Malham MD 61lb 8oz
              22-32 D Walsh TF 45lb 12oz
              33-43 J Holdsworth AF 22lb 4oz

Teams
              Maggotdrowning 28pt
              Angling Fourms 26pt
              Total-fishing 25pt
              Talk Angling 20pt

In all a good day although the venue was a little on the peggy side! I would like to thank everybody for turning up, it was really good to get a full 40 for the first time.

Back to Yorkshire next year, if nobody minds im going to book it in the next few weeks so its all sorted. Either the new lakes at langwith or carpvale match and front pools. Both venues are solid with fish and pretty fair, langwith probably being the better of the two but very popular so needs to be booked a year in advance.

Comment

gaz you can make a proposal and all the sites vote on it...but it aint quite that simple?
                In darkness we do what we can
                In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Gaz, I will be up for it anyway on the next one, Great bunch of lads turned up. I agree, It was on the peggy side but sometimes that happens.
                  [B][I][COLOR="Red"]There is no point trying if your afraid of losing[/COLOR][/I][/b]

Comment

Working...
                  X