Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Larford arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larford arena

Quarry bank labour
    1st m.skidmore 16lb 1oz

2nd j. Smith 14lb 10 oz

3rd l .jones 13 lb 6oz

only 12 carp caught between 16 decent anglers mostly silvers on maggot
    one section won with only 4 lb ( not good )

Fished there yesterday wieghts were slightly better 56 pound won 45 second 44 third 43 fourth i was 5th with 37 pound loads fish on top.Top four all caught up in water i caught on the deck.

Comment

Were you with Permali lot Steve ? How many turned up ?

Comment

Yes mate only 9 of us i was towards the corner and couldnt really get em up water gin clear.

Comment

Nice to get some honest reports lads
          Obviously Nothing was ever wrong with the place
          No problems with the Arena one of the most heavily stocked venues in the country
          Phill said its good so it must be ,???
          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
            Nice to get some honest reports lads
            Obviously Nothing was ever wrong with the place
            No problems with the Arena one of the most heavily stocked venues in the country
            Phill said its good so it must be ,???
            How very dare you!eek:
            HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Maybe he might comment in AT making a statement how Nothing has changed recently ??
              Could always tell the Anglers the reason it is not Fishing as well as it Always HAS in the past
              is that in the interests of Fishes Welfare he has decided to put them on a Diet
              How ya doin pal??
              Colin

Comment

Anyone know how the speci lake is fishing? methods baits and weights?

Cheers

Bry
                [SIZE="5"][/SIZE][B][SIZE="5"]Born to fish forced to work!![/SIZE][/B]

Comment

my bro is doing a 3dayer on the spessi lake, started at about 5pm tonight.. theres quite a fewon there apparently.. they are catchin carp to double figures.. and a few bream on boilies over particle i think.
                  for all your carp fishing in the North West visit [url]www.northwestcarp.co.uk/forums[/url] :)

Comment

col,

i neither like or dislike Larford and dont really know Phil so cant comment, but all the reports i have read have said "lots of fish on top just not feeding", im not saying dont have your own opinion and i believe in freedom of speech BUT at the end of the day what alot of us anglers seem to forget is Larford is a business like it or lump it, if you owned it would you go round shouting you have a problem (i very much doubt it), a few people i know have spoke to Phil because they have had a match booked and he has offered them there money back if they didnt wish to fish or reschedule it else where on the complex, i dont really think you can be much fairer than that !!
                    Phils Tackle & I.L floats

Comment

bob we didnt get ours back

Comment

Bob
                        i agree with some of what you are saying
                        I am aware that its a business that is not the issue
                        As i have stated previously i hope Phil can sort it out, Larford is a Fantastic venue.
                        If i owned a fishery then i would like to think i would do everything in my power to let all the other fisheries in the area know what the problem is or was so measures could be taken to stop it spreading.
                        Phil didnt do that .
                        Phil chose to go to the papers and deny there was a problem @all
                        thats up to him, If as you say he has offered clubs the choice of cancelling i applaud him for his honesty
                        My comment was a tongue in cheek remark
                        But it is now as plain as the Nose on your face that there was a problem and its not yet over it
                        A fishery doesnt completely change over night unless something is wrong ,that is a FACT
                        This is my opinion only.
                        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by nearly20mbob View Post
                          col,

i neither like or dislike Larford and dont really know Phil so cant comment, but all the reports i have read have said "lots of fish on top just not feeding", im not saying dont have your own opinion and i believe in freedom of speech BUT at the end of the day what alot of us anglers seem to forget is Larford is a business like it or lump it, if you owned it would you go round shouting you have a problem (i very much doubt it), a few people i know have spoke to Phil because they have had a match booked and he has offered them there money back if they didnt wish to fish or reschedule it else where on the complex, i dont really think you can be much fairer than that !!
                          What about the clubs and anglers banned for daring to ask if everything is ok we weremeant to be on speci but got moved to arena aparently 80 odd peg match was going to take place about 30 anglers turned up i still think the place is ok but i believe he has to be honest and answer a question if put to him not ban the individual or club.

Comment

as already mentioned on a previous thread my brother is halfway through a 3day session on there and has walked round all of the lakes a few times and has seen absolutely no signs of distressed or dead fish on the surface etc... as for the rescheduling.. kind gesture.. not all fisheriers would offer that kind of service
                            for all your carp fishing in the North West visit [url]www.northwestcarp.co.uk/forums[/url] :)

Comment

I would hope he doesnt see any dead or distressed fish this incident occured 2 1/2 months ago
                              the Arena does not seem to have recovered as well as the match or speci
                              And they are nowhere near as consistent as before
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X