Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

James Maude Linden Ac @ Portland Waters Fisheries (Canal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Maude Linden Ac @ Portland Waters Fisheries (Canal)

18th September 2010 (6hrs)

The penultimate match of the James Maude Linden Ac calendar. With our third visit of the season could the lads match the previous weights caught on the Canal. With temps dropping over night and a cloudy over cast day ahead who would Nick the penultimate win of the season. With always a warm freindly welcome at the Portland Waters fishery combined with a hearty breakfast in plush surroundings, the buzz was starting to escalate, with every one fueled up and hands excitedly drawn towards the draw bag. So it was off over the bridge to do battle with the swirling winds, peg 17 proved to be the place to fish with winds blowing into the corner this was to help Nick Heath win his first ever James Maude Linden match. Nick fished 3/4 of the way over on the far ledge with meat on the hook and feeding meat to bring a steady stream of fish to his net and hit the scales with 45lb-3oz Very Well Done Nick. Still pushing for that second slot in the league is Dave Sewell, dave fished a solid match to weigh in with 44lb-10oz from peg 26, well done Dave, Hot on his heels is Pete Lambert fishing from peg 18 had a good weight of 39lb, (of his phone line) well done Pete. Today was a tough day allround and well done to everyone who stuck it out.
    The results are as follows:

Nick Heath 45lb-3oz peg 17
    Dave Sewell 44lb-10oz peg 26
    Pete Lambert 39lb peg 18
    Gary Butcher 38lb-6oz peg 15
    Kev Brown 31lb-1 oz peg 6
    Alan Cox 29lb-12oz peg 12
    Terry Wiggins 26lb-2oz peg21
    Terry Cheeseman 25lb-7oz peg 11
    Wayne Jerram 23lb-7oz peg 3
    Ian Carr 20lb-10oz peg 19 19
    Tony Smith 19lb-12oz peg 29
    Sean Hanrahan 14lb-14oz peg 9
    Pete Jackson 13lb-13oz peg 8
    Brian Cox 13lb-7oz peg 27
    Paul Skeldon 9lb-7oz peg 2
    Lenny Burton 7lb-peg 30
    Billy Harrison 5lb-2oz peg 14
    Dave Lilliman 2lb-7oz peg 23
    Kyle Wood 2lb-4oz peg 5
    Shaun Green D.N.W peg 22
    Paul Davies D.N.W peg 1
    Alan Slack D.N.W peg 24 (guest)

All anglers must weight to gain league points.

So a tough match but well done Nick on your first win ever.

Next match 25th September Mallory Glebe (pool 1)
    Last edited by Brian G; 21 September 2010, 07:04 PM.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

tough day indeed billy,,,heard yesterday the midweek match on the canal was won with 29lb so dont think the problem was an overnight coldness issue ? also the water was greener than i've ever seen it,,,not being an expert but that's got to point to something going on, it's as though the waters are producing too much of something and it's affecting the fish feeding ?? well done mr heath for a fine win for one of the nicest guys around, see you next saturday bill
    Sean Hanrahan

Comment

Hi Sean,

Hope you have managed to straighten your hair after sitting in the wind tunnel all day mate. you stuck to your guns and ended up COCK of the VAN once again. Yes i to noticed the water was a little green, free floating algae, i may benefit them to close it down for a few days it has had lot of fishing this year.

Se you on Saturday Sean and well done mate.

><((((?>

Comment

Nick fished a great match on a tough day. The hard work and practise is paying off and now he has lost his cherry could this win be the first of many for Nick. Well done mate!

Comment

anyone for a slice of melon,,,,,,,
          Sean Hanrahan

Comment

Originally posted by thetrickytree View Post
            anyone for a slice of melon,,,,,,,
            'Melon' have you gone mad!

Weldec, 'Stickytree' has lost it and anyway pineapple is much better!
            Last edited by Kevin Brown; 19 September 2010, 06:58 PM.

Comment

I would love to win a few more Kev, I need to draw nearer you to pick up some tips mate as I still rely on that thing called luck
              Nick
              [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]You are only as good as your last mistake[/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Brown View Post
                'Melon' have you gone mad!

Weldec, 'Stickytree' has lost it and anyway pineapple is much better!
                pineapple,,,pah !!! melon for me all the way !!!
                Sean Hanrahan

Comment

i was sick of hearing about this melon wasnt u trickytree ?
                  ><((((?>><((((?>[COLOR="blue"][SIZE="6"][B]JAMES MAUDE ANGLING CLUB [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]><((((?>><((((?> [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=5

Comment

Kyle we were all sat like Melons mate there was only one bloke fishing Well Done Mr Heath.

Thanks Brian for the edit mate.

><((((?>

Comment

Working...
                    X