Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Yardley Ex-Sevicemens - Trimpley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yardley Ex-Sevicemens - Trimpley

Hallibut Pellets - Bah

16 members turned out to the river Severn at Trimpley.

On the face of it, it looked a good match, but when you analize it, it wasn't that good (5 dry nets! )

Match winner, Keith Jones, took advantage of drawing a noted peg (top of island peg next to overflow from reservoir), fished caster and feeder to take 44lb 11oz of Barbel and Chub.

1st - K Jones - 44lb 11oz
    2nd - B Barton (Golden Hand) - 25lb 13oz
    3rd - D Banks - 13lb 7oz
    4th - D Mills (AKA) - 5lb 12oz

I always liked the 2nd peg over the style just below the island.

Comment

Originally posted by royst
      Thats the one you can get 5 anglers in a row on
      Synchronised casting required though
      I'll let Roysty explain

Comment

Originally posted by royst
        i think that was the peg redfin had????

Comment

Originally posted by golden hand
          i think that was the peg redfin had????
          It was, considering I had 'crack' anglers either side of me, two of which blanked and one with 3oz, I think my 6 Dace, 2 Bleak and 2 Barbel where an excellent catch

Comment

After our match......a few years back now.....four of us waded out on that peg and stood in a line about 4m apart and fished sychronised stick floats all through the same swim. We had loads of barbel. 'Halfounce' hooked one which went through my legs whilst he was playing it.I only had thigh waders on which meant I got rather wet round the undercracker region.
            On its day that peg is superb.

Comment

how was the parking

Comment

Fine for me. I have special privilages and are allowed to park at the reservoir

Comment

have a look at the baa web site under news reports for trimpley at the moment you have to walk from arley Following a serious land slippage caused by the recent floods, the access track to Trimpley leading from Northwood Lane has been closed. The only authorised route to this fishery is therefore to walk downstream from Arley ( long walk )

Comment

Working...
                  X