Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

The Jinx Series 2006 round up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jinx Series 2006 round up.

As some of you are aware a few of the members of this website take part in a series of matches organised by Malc that are known as The Jinx Series.
    To give you an insight into the series, here's my take on this years adventures.

Round 1. Rolf's Lake.

Saturday 20th May 2006.

Well I met up with a few of the lads in the services on the M40 beforehand and around 11·30 we made our way down to Rolf's.
    Once in the car park it was soon obvious that nothing had changed and that yet again The Jinx Series was going to be a monumental festival of p*ss taking & fun.

Nick (monkey) had kindly sorted some shirts for the series and here's the proof........

I was a little taken aback at the draw to recieve a presentation from Malc! however the contents of the envelope set the tone for the day! A set of Lime Green pants with no arse in them. (Maria says they'll avoid the skidmarks at least ) and No I don't have a photo of them, but I'm sure someone has somewhere.

So draw done and off to our respective pegs. A nice short 5 yard walk for me to peg 30. Rolf has just started rebuilding the pegs and this is the 1st one he's completed, Nice new platform and steps down to it, a real armchair job. To my right was Dan who didn't look to happy as he had a few bad memories of being pegged next to me at Rolf's last year, and to my left I was a little concerned to see Pete Thompson , who has probably spent more time than most at Rolf's over the years and has a pretty good idea of what makes he place tick.

Due to changes to rules and pellets available at Rolf's this year, a few questions have sprung up over the best way to approach things. I had been a couple of times already this season and had frankly struggled coming to terms with it, so for this match I decided to go with what I know, and that was to fish 6mm GOT expanders over loose fed hemp, at a distance I could throw the feed to, hopefully keeping things nice and simple.

As usual with The Jinx matches things were running a bit late and the all in came at 1·30, called by myself as Malc didn't have a watch with him .

Almost straight away David on peg 28 seemed intent on taking the place apart, his 1st fish took a bare hook as he shipped out a pot of pellet and every time i looked around his black hydro seemed to be streaming out.

Things were not quite so hectic for the rest of us, with a few skimmers and the odd carp just keeping things ticking over, though Pete did manage to bag a specimen perch .......

Slowly but surely things started to inprove though, Paul Roberts (Mr Buckethead aka Turkish) Finally managed to catch a carp at Rolf's, not just the one either..........

MarkC was putting a few together on peg 32 including some perch in a pretty mixed bag.........

Nick Jones came wandering along, hoping for some clues as he was having a bit of a mare, Having drawn peg 34 it seemed that everyone had given him different advise, and if that wasn't bad enough he was trying to get to grips with using a new pole and Hydro for the 1st time. To top it all off he had been further traumatised by watching Malc strip down to his underpants (thankfully a site I missed ) and leap in to retrieve a top kit.

By mid afternoon the carp seemed to settle on my feed and I started to put a few together, David was still in regular action although it was hard to judge the stamp of his fish as he was on Black Hydro.
    Matt Nutt across on peg 12 was putting together a decent bag having started to sneak a few lumps out from down the edge, you could tell they were decent fish as periodicaly he could be seen climbing onto his box in an attempt to net them .....

Finally the all out came at 6·30 just as I had connected to a final carp that was foulhooked in the tail, a few anxious moments while I tried to get his propeller out of the water to subdue it followed before I managed to net it.

Packing up and taking my gear back prior to the weigh-in, I heard a sound that I couldn't quite place till I realised it was coming from Dai's car!!!!!!!! The engine was running, and had been running for the whole match !!!!!!!! Luckily Dai still had ½ a tank of fuel and at least it was nicely warmed up for a quick get away.

Back for the weigh-in and my 50lbs odd of weighers with what was in my net gave me 125lbs overall which was enough for my section as David had 110lbs (more fish, but a smaller stamp) still allowing both of us to join the exclusive 100lbs+ JINX CLUB. I believe Antwood also joined us on his very 1st Jinx match and Matt took the overall honours on the day with a fine 139lb bag from the little used peg 12.

Finally as this was Churt's Memorial Match, the trophy should have been presented to Matt, but Malc had forgotten it !!!!!!!!
    No Surprise there then.

However SteveW and myself did FINALLY get our hands on the Pairs Trophy we won last series.........

.......however as it has to go away for engraving that's probably be the last we'll see of it.

Individual Results on the day were as follows

1st.... Matt Nutt.............................................. ......139lb 2oz
    2nd... Peter Morton............................................ ....125lb
    3rd.... Dave Ashby............................................. ....110lb 2oz
    4th....Anthony Haywood.........................................10 8lb 10oz
    5th…. Paul Roberts........................................... .......96lb 11oz
    6th…. Brian Bevan............................................. ......86lb 12oz
    7th…. Eric Robathan.......................................... ......84lb 12oz
    8th…. Pete Thompson.......................................... ....84lb
    9th…. Nick Bryan............................................. .......82lb 2oz
    10th...Steve Wilson............................................ ....76lb 8oz
    11th.. Simon Rowley............................................ ...76lb
    12th.. Mark Bennett........................................... .....75lb
    13th.. Dirk Williams.......................................... ........60lb 14oz
    14th.. Keith Ashby............................................. ......60lb 4oz
    15th.. Neil McMurran.......................................... ......60lb 2oz
    16th.. Dave Moore……………..........................….......... 57lb 11oz
    17th.. Nick Jones............................................. .......50lb 2oz
    18th.. Malc Doyle............................................. .......45lb 12oz
    19th.. Andy Felton............................................ ......40lb
    20th.. Geoff Palmer............................................ .....30lb 8oz
    21st.. Nick Watkins-Price.........................................29lb 15oz
    22nd..Nick Williams.......................................... ........25lb
    23rd.. Dai Thomas............................................ .......22lb 8oz
    24th.. Mark Causer............................................ ......18lb 3oz
    25th.. Dan Thomas............................................ ......15lb
    26th...Geoff Eggison........................................... .....13lb

Total weight caught was 1673lb 10oz.

So that was it, 1 down, 5 to go and on to the Engine Pool at Earlswood lakes.
    Pete M
    Rolfs Lake 200+ Club
    Last edited by Pete M; 14 September 2006, 09:32 PM.
    [COLOR=blue][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_big.gif[/IMG] "Minxed" to the max.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_shock.gif[/IMG] [/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="http://petermorton1.xanga.com/"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Click this link to read "My Fishing Diaries"[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]

Round 2. Engine Pool. Earlswood Lakes.

Saturday 17th June 2006.

How can you do a report on a match where 75% of the field blanked?

I arrived early as is my custom when I haven't been to a venue before, so that I could have a stroll round and try to get a feel for the place.

My 1st impression was "Where has all the water gone?" the level must have been nearly 5ft down with every platform completely out of the water.

Malc had actually arrived early along with his community care worker (Gemma) and with the draw almost happening on time we set off to our pegs.
    I had drawn peg 40, a nice short walk and was soon set up.......

.......Looks lovely doesn't it?
    Frankly I could have put the whole thing into a glass case and exhibited it at the Tate Modern as a still life.

The only thing that disturbed the water all day were a pair of Great Crested Grebes, and even they didn't catch anything and departed for more prolific parts.

Geoff (Eggo) to my right had a Bream 1st chuck........

..........and that was all the action in the surrounding pegs for the whole day.

Poor young David A to my left actually had a bite on the feeder, but didn't connect. Antwood on the next peg round was looking like a man that needed the phone number of Samaritans......

........ while further along Paul at least had a smile on his face, but that was probably because he knew he had a can of beer in his bag

During the day of course the banter was flowing, especially from the beach on the right hand side.....

........ and just to put the finishing touch, Malc (who is now so tanned/burnt that he looks like a stick of Pepperami )Latched into a carp and lands it with 3 mins to go, despite throwing himself in up to his neck.

The 5 anglers who actually caught were.......

1st Brian Bevan 8lb 4oz
    2nd Malc Doyle 5lb
    3rd Geoff Eggison 3lb 4oz
    4th Dan Thomas 1lb
    5th Mark Causer 3oz

Total Weight caught was 17lb 11oz.

Unfortunately the day was marred by both Nick (polepot) and Matt having pole sections smashed by inconsiderate members of the public, both of whom refused to admit any liability and refused to supply any details so that Insurance claims could be made.

So, a 260 mile round trip for sweet FA, and next up for those of us fishing The Jinx Series? another supposed British Waterways Superwater....... DRAYTON!!!! I could hardly wait.
    Pete M
    Rolfs Lake 200+ Club
    Last edited by Pete M; 14 September 2006, 09:30 PM.
    [COLOR=blue][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_big.gif[/IMG] "Minxed" to the max.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_shock.gif[/IMG] [/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="http://petermorton1.xanga.com/"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Click this link to read "My Fishing Diaries"[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]

Comment

Round 3. Drayton Reservoir.

Saturday 8th July 2006.

Well after the disaster that was Earlswood, The Jinx Squad moved on to Drayton Reservoir for the 3rd match of the series

As with all things to do with The Jinx, things however weren't as smooth as they could have been and instead of the pegs on the boards that had been fishing well beside the sailing club we ended up with pegs 1-20 in the shallows at the end of the walkway.

At least Malc had managed to arrive on time so we had plenty of time after the draw for the trek to our allocated pegs allowing us sufficent time to tackle up.

Things had been looking good in the week prior to our match, with all areas fishing well and plenty of fish coming out all over. However things can change and it was soon clear looking down the walkway that the weights would not be as high as we hoped when after an hour only a couple of fish had been landed.

I was on peg 7, and all I ended up with was 1 carp for 8lbs.
      Eric on peg 6 however managed to put a few together late on to weigh 44lbs 8ozs and take 2nd place......

....just pushing young Dave Ashby into 3rd place by 4ozs.

Winner on the day however was Brian Bevan who managed 7 fish in the last hour on the long pole for a very creditable 68lbs 8ozs.

With 19 anglers fishing on the day and only 2 DNW's the total weight put on the scales was 433lb 14oz, which goes to show just how hard the venue fished on the day.

Peg 15…....Brian B…............68lb 8oz
      Peg 6…......Eric R….............44lb 8oz
      Peg 20…....Dave A…...........44lb 4oz
      Peg 10...….Steve W….........42lb
      Peg 3…......Paul R…............39lb 10oz
      Peg 5…......Kev L….............32lb
      Peg 18…....Ant H….............27lb 8oz
      Peg 19…....Tim W…............24lb 8oz
      Peg 12…....Malc D…...........22lb 8oz
      Peg 16…....Dave M…..........18lb 12oz
      Peg 9…......Nick W.............16lb
      Peg 17...….Nick J….............11lb 8oz
      Peg 4....….Simon R…...........11lb 8oz
      Peg 1….....Mark C…........…....9lb
      Peg 7….....Peter M….............8lb
      Peg 13…...Geoff E…..............7lb 4oz
      Peg 11..….Keith A............…..6lb 8oz
      Peg 8….....Derek R…...........D.N.W
      Peg 14…...Nick W-P….........D.N.W

Total Weight put on the scales was 433lb 14oz.

Next up it would be another BW water........ Stockton Reservoir.
      Pete M
      Rolfs Lake 200+ Club
      Last edited by Pete M; 14 September 2006, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Round 4. Stockton Reservoir.

Saturday 29th July 2006.

What a great day out.

I pulled into the car park at Stockton around 10·30am in glorious sunshine, and a quick look around found the yorkie's Dave & Tim wandering around with Nick(monkey) along with Neo and Brian with Darren(badatfishing) in tow.
        I thought that the water looked spot on, but there again I really like Stockton as a venue, although I know there are a few that really hate the place.

With a bit of time to kill before the draw we adjourned to the garden of The Blue Lias for a pint or two where we were joined by John(Bucko) and his good lady, who though they weren't fishing had decided to come down and meet the lunatics who fish The Jinx Series.

Anyway at around noon we were back in the car park for the draw.

Now at Stockton any of the pegs between 1-15 and 22-25 have a feature in the form of reed beds or islands to fish to so of course i pick 20 with absolutely jack in the way of a feature, unless you're crazy or desperate enough to try tempting them out from under the boards.

Setting up it was obvious that if nothing else the company for the day was going to be good with Dirk, Simon(Me) and Neo to my left and Paul with his better half, Malc, Keith and Matt to the right.

Setting up was pretty simple as I had decided on one approach that I was confident would get me a few fish. Pole at 9mtrs to fish paste over pellet in 4feet of water.
        Last time we fished the same pegs I found that the tow could be a bit of a problem as it can be quite exposed, so I had made my paste up stiffer than usual to stop the hook being dragged out.

1·30pm saw the all-in so a ball of paste along with a few GOT 4mm sinkers was shipped out and I was ready for action.

About 10 mins in and the float buried and I was attached to one of Stockton's residents, a nice Mirror that gave the usual good account of itself before it was safely in the net. As usual the "support and encouragement" from those around me was outstanding and set the tone for the day early on.

For anyone that hasn't been to Stockton, it's hard to appreciate just how fit these fish are and what a good account of themselves they give, also they are without exception in stunning condition which is great to see.

About an hour in and the sun vanished as the wind brought in an ominously grey sky with the threat of rain to come, however apart from a couple of very brief showers, it thankfully didn't materialise though the sun struggled to put in an appearance for the rest of the match.

After about 90 minutes I'd had 3 carp and was into a 4th, however this one led me a merry dance and dived under my platform, however I managed to get it out but before I could net it, it got under again and out round my keepnets. Needless to say I lost it. I'd like to say thanks for the sympathy shown by my fellow anglers at this point, but I think you can probably guess that it wasn't forthcoming.

Looking down to the right I saw Keith finally get of the mark, fishing double cat meat he soon had the fish under control and in the net.......................... a 2" Rudd.

Paul was fishing The Method with his little red men as hookbait, and only a lightning reaction saved his new Preston Carbonactive going for a swim as he was finally into one. Now they reckon you can't lock up a Carbonactive, but Paul seemed a tad reluctant to try this theory out despite encouragement from the rest of us.

Meanwhile Simon(me) was devastating the resident Perch with paste while studiously avoiding any nuisance Carp, leaving these for Dirk on his right.

After my carp under the platform out came the bung and a foot and a bit of elastic removed and I soon had a common in the net. However I then had a spell where I pulled out of three fish. Sympathy and advise flowed freely of course, telling me that I'd removed to much, Malc even offering some superglue so I could stick the discarded elastic back on. It really does your heart good to be sharing the bank with such caring mates.

Further down Matt could be seen fishing his usual tidy match, though we were treated to a couple of box climbing incidents (no photo though as we've seen it all before )

With a couple of hours to go I had 5 Carp and had lost 3, and both Paul and Dirk had caught me with 5 Carp each, however I then had 3 more in rapid succession to pull away from them again.
        Going into the last half hour I managed one more, but lost another two, while Simon finally finally found himself attached to something other than a Perch, however after a high speed charge through Dirks swim he managed to lose the nuisance.

6·30pm and the all out saw Paul still refusing to try out the anti-lock properties of his new rod as he brought a final Carp to the net.

With Malc doing the Honours on the scales my 9 carp weighed 59lbs 12ozs, enough for 4th overall and a 1st in section.

Dave (yorkie) Moore took the honours on the day with a fine 84lb bag, while MarkC on yet another end peg!!!!!! was just edged out into 3rd by Matt, both having 70lbs+ bags.

Back to the pub for the results and a pint, an enjoyable day all round, and well done to Nick WP (Monkey) who picked up his section money with a fine 40lbs+, his best Jinx result so far.

Next up Manor Farm for the penultimate round of the series, should be fun.

Peg 8…....Dave M….......84lb 8oz
        Peg 16…..Matt N…........71lb 8oz
        Peg 2…....Mark C……......70lb 4oz
        Peg 20…..Peter M…........59lb 12oz
        Peg 11…..Geoff E….........54lb
        Peg 4…....Nick W-P…......41lb 4oz
        Peg 19…..Paul R……........36lb
        Peg 15…..Darren…….......33lb 8oz (Guest)
        Peg 3…....Roy R………......30lb 8oz
        Peg 6…....Eric R….….......27lb
        Peg 10…..Ant H…..…......28lb 12oz
        Peg 21…..Dirk W….........28lb 4oz
        Peg 14…..Brian B…........25lb
        Peg 24…..Dave A…........24lb 12oz
        Peg 13…..Steve W........24lb 4oz
        Peg 12…..Steve D.........16lb (Guest)
        Peg 9……Tim W……........11lb
        Peg 18…..Malc D…........13lb 4oz
        Peg 17…..Keith A…….....10lb
        Peg 5…....Richard H….....8lb (Guest)
        Peg 23…..Nick W….........5lb 14oz
        Peg 22…..Simon R….…....1lb
        Peg 7….....Kev L………..........1oz

Total Weight put on the scales was 712lb 7oz

Round 5 would be on Windmill Lake at Manor Farm.
        Pete M
        Rolfs Lake 200+ Club
        Last edited by Pete M; 14 September 2006, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Round 5. Windmill Lake. Manor Farm Leisure.

Saturday 12th August 2006.

Climbing into the car to set off on the 120+ mile trip it was lashing down, Proper Jinx Series weather for a change. I stopped off in Battersea for breakfast as usual, and by the time I reached the M40 the rain had stopped.
          I arrived at Manor Farm around 11am to find Me(simon) already in attendance having had a stroll round Windmill Lake.
          Time for a cuppa and a cheeseburger .
          Keith arrived with David and the obligatory photo's of his new granddaughter
          Yes that's right, just in case you didn't know Keith is now a Granddad.

As the rest arrived we took a stroll round ourselves. Windmill is the most established of the lakes on the complex with a couple of islands and features to fish to in most pegs and a good spread of depths from 5-12 feet. However it was very obvious that there was a fair bit of water missing with all the pegs short of the water!!! the level must be about 3 feet down on normal .

The draw as ever on Jinx matches was late as Malc rolled in past noon and went to peg out as with only 20 of us fishing we could leave out a few tight pegs. At least you can park behind or close to the majority of pegs so it's not to much of a struggle.

I ended up with peg 8 with Royst on peg7 to my left for company and Eric (ejayar) next down on peg 6. To my right on peg 9??? None other than THE JINX himself .

The all in came at 1·30 pm and I was nowhere near ready having made a complete mess of trying to set up a pellet waggler, putting the line through the legs on one eye and then having corrected that finding a wind-knot in the line . Other rigs were just a top2 and a top3 as there was plenty of water straight in front. Grey skies held a promise of rain and a blustery wind threatened to make presentation difficult for those on the more exposed pegs. At least we could set up close to the water on our side, while opposite they had to set up on their platforms as can be seen by this photo....

Really the fishing was reasonably simple feeding 4mm pellet and fishing paste soon started producing pasty sized carp, much to Malc's disgust as he doesn't count these as real fish .

Royst was to be heard beating himself up on the next peg as he struggled to get to grips with trying to fish paste, struggling to hit the bites and then loosing some of those that he managed to hook.

A couple of hours in and I was sure I heard a "crack" and sure enough here was a top3 and part of a No4 belonging to Eric going down like the Titanic with a Carp attached.This forced Eric into fishing a top3 for the rest of the match as he didn't have a spare No4 (well he did, but didn't remember till the end of the match )

Needless to say there was a bit of banter between Malc and myself during the match, one of the main topics being Hydrolastic. "Just point it at the fish and watch it come back to you" what a load of ************* "Pump it and lift to lock it" That's why Malc had to stand on his box to net a 2lb'er I suppose .

I kept catching sporadically all through the day, i even had a look at the pellet waggler, getting a Carp and a Chub, but the wind made presentation to awkward, so I stayed on a top2 for the rest of the match.

2½hrs in and a stomach churning stench wafted to my nostrils Malc had got his cat meat out!!!!!!!!
          Now this hadn't been kept in a tin but had been fermenting in a plastic bag in his car for gawd knows how long !!!! He even reckoned there were things moving in it I wasn't about to go and look .

With about an hour to go David A popped up for a chat, having resigned himself to forking out another £1 to Gem (The Minx]) who was fishing her 1st JINX match. Royst was still muttering about never fishing paste again and a look further up the bank revealed Matt catching at a far steadier rate than anyone else, while Bevan Boy(Brian) had been steadily catching most of the day as had been Dirk on the peg to Brian's right .

6·30pm and weigh in time and the scales reveal 69lbs 4ozs and a pleasing section win for me .
          Further round Matt puts an unbeatable 107lbs onto the scales for the win on the day, having fished paste and slop up in the water .

Moving round The Minx had done more than enough to part David from another £1 . Dirk managed a very creditable 92lbs (just missing out on a Jinx Ton again ) for 2nd to pip Brian's 83lbs 3rd place weight, in the process winning the section, thus ensuring that the series was kept alive to the last Match at Rolf's.

Peg 2…......Matt N…….......….107lb
          Peg 13…....Dirk W.……............92lb 12oz
          Peg 12…....Brian B..….........….83lb 12oz
          Peg 8…......Peter M….............69lb 4oz
          Peg 6…......Eric R……..........….65lb
          Peg 11…....Dave M….…..........55lb
          Peg 20.…...Mark C…..…..........55lb
          Peg 15……..Geoff E……...........52lb
          Peg 9…......Malc D..…............46lb 4oz
          Peg 10.…...Jimmy L.............…46lb 4oz
          Peg 7…......Roy R…..........…….44lb 4oz
          Peg 19…....Tim W..…...........…44lb
          Peg 16…....Keith A...........……43lb
          Peg 3…......Steve W..........….30lb 8oz
          Peg 18…....Gemma D.............27lb 8oz (Guest)
          Peg 14.…...Nick W............…..23lb
          Peg 17…....Ant H…........……...22lb 8oz
          Peg 5.….....Derek R…..........…10lb (Guest)
          Peg 1…......Simon R…..............7lb
          Peg 4.….....Dave A…….............6lb 4oz

Total Weight put on the scales was 934lb 12oz.

So next up it was onto the Final round of the series at Rolf's.

Comment

Great blog Pete, seems to load by degrees though as it is such a big report, I will check at home, only seem to have 5 venues.
            EJAYAR
            Talk Angling User
            Last edited by EJAYAR; 14 September 2006, 09:00 PM.
            PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

Round 6. Rolf's Lake. Oxford.

Saturday 9th September 2006.

Well The Jinx Series really lived up to it's name, as it returned with a vengance , reducing even Rolf's Lake to mediocrity and biting most of us on the bum in the process.

Twentyone of the series regulars were joined in the car park by eight guests, such is the reputation of the venue, and with the outcome still to be decided in both the singles and pairs, the draw was eagerly awaited.

As usual it was a tad late, and after drawing peg16 I wasn't exactly chuffed, but with 2 guests in my 5 man section things were maybe not so bad.
              For company I had Keith on 15 (today's Golden Peg ) and Paul on 17. These are normally better winter pegs, but Keith had already decided to fish the meat as it had brought him plenty of success recently (2 double tons), and being the Golden Peg would ensure that Keith gave it his full attention. Paul was still in with a very good chance of the pairs title so would also giving it his maximum attention.

I had decided to go with paste with 6mm expanders as a back up and when the All-in came at 1·30pm I potted 2 large cups of squid/liver pellets in at 7mtrs in front and one into the bush to my left for later. Out with the paste at 7mtrs and wait for a bite, even if it wasn't the best area I was sure that a few fish would come my way.

1 hour in without as much as a knock I was starting to have misgivings, normally with pellet going in at a steady rate you'll get a fizz in the swim, I hadn't seen so much as a bubble . A couple of fish had come out on the car park bank, but other than that most seemed to be struggling.

1½hrs in and Keith was finally into one and so was I as the float finally buried.
              Mine was only about 5lbs, but it was a start.
              Adding a section to fish beyond my feed produced nothing, while a quick look under the bush produced a foul hooked fish that tore off leaving me with just a scale. Keith meanwhile had added a 13½lb weigher, while Paul's swim appeared entirely devoid of carp.
              Neil managed 3 carp in the final hour and even had his own personal steward (young Joe) on hand to witness the weighing............

Eric opposite me on 25 managed to put a few together as the match progressed, but not in the usual numbers.

Apart from another couple of foul hookers that left me scales for souveniers, I managed just 2 more carp and a small skimmer for 16lbs 6ozs . Keith had managed another couple boosting his weigh to 31lbs 12ozs, which would prove to be enough for the section , while Paul managed just 6 small roach for 6ozs .

Colin guesting on peg 19 said at the end that he hadn't had a bite all day, but did manage to land a couple of foul hooked fish, the largest right at the end weighed 18½lbs ..............

The weigh in soon revealed just how hard the day had been,as it was conducted in what must have been a record time............

but with Eric winning his section, I knew he had pipped me by a point, but it was all academic once Brian put an excellent 109lbs 8ozs on the scales to win his section and the Individual Jinx Series overall .

results on the day

Clive........... 120lb 8oz (Guest)
              Brian B ........109lb 8oz
              Biglad............61lb 11oz (Guest)
              Derek R .........51lb 4oz (Guest)
              Malc D.......... 47lb 12oz
              Dirk W............42lb 10oz
              Simon R .........38lb 8oz
              Nick W-P........38lb 2oz
              Eric R ...........33lb
              Nick J ...........32lb 8oz
              Keith A .........31lb 12oz
              Mark C .........31lb
              Kev L ...........31lb
              Geoff E .........30lb 8oz
              Ant H ...........28lb 8oz
              Chris ............28lb 4oz (Guest)
              Colin ............26lb 8oz (Guest)
              Steve W .......23lb 8oz
              Dave ............22lb 12oz (Guest)
              Neil Mc .........21lb 14oz
              Matt N .........18lb 12oz
              Tony ............17lb 8oz (Guest)
              Peter M ........16lb 6oz
              Gemma D .......15lb 8oz (Guest)
              Dave A ..........13lb
              Dave M ..........12lb
              Dai T ..............7lb
              Paul R............. 6oz
              Nick W......... D.N.W

Total Weight on the scales was 951lb 3oz and only 1 Blank recorded.

I'd just like to say a big WELL DONE to Brian, he's fished a superbly consistent series with 4 section wins and 2 seconds, all on venues that were new to him, making him a worthy winner of the series

The final prizegiving/farewells were of course a complete cock-up as is usual with Malc , as he had left the trophies, prize money and pairs running totals on the kitchen table in Wales. So no change there then .

I'd just like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Malc for organising what is probably the most enjoyable and friendly match series I've ever fished, and another BIG THANK YOU to all the anglers that have fished the series, It's you that makes the series the success it is .
              Let's do it all again next year .

OVERALL POSITIONS
              With worst points result deducted

1st
              Brian Bevan........1….1….1...2...2...1 = 6 points … 381lb 12oz
              2nd
              Eric Robathan…...1.…4….1….2….2.…1 = 7 points … 254lb 4oz
              3rd
              Peter Morton......1.…4….3….1….1.…2 = 8 points … 278lb 6oz
              4th
              Steve Wilson......1...4….1….3…..2.…1 = 8 points … 199lb 4oz
              5th
              Mark Causer.......5....2..3…,,1….1….1 = 8 points … 183lb 10oz
              6th
              Malc Doyle.........2….1.…2….3.…3...1 = 9 points … 179lb 8oz
              7th
              Dirk Williams......3…..4….6…1...1...1 = 10 points … 224lb 14oz
              8th
              Matt Nutt..........1….4….6….1….1.….5. = 12 points … 336lb 6oz
              9th
              Ant Haywood.....1…..4….2….2….4.…3 = 12 points … 215lb 14oz
              10th
              Dave Ashby.......2…..4.…1….2.…4.…3 = 12 points … 198lb 6oz
              11th
              Paul Roberts....…2..….4…1….2.…6.…3 = 12 points … 172lb 11oz
              12th
              Geoff Eggison……5…..1….3….1.…4...3 = 12 points … 160lb
              13th
              Simon Rowley…..2.….4.…2.…4….3....1 = 12 points … 134lb
              14th
              Dave Moore………3…..4….2….1.…3.….4 = 13 points … 227lb 15oz
              15th
              Keith Ashby……..4……4….4…..4.…3...1 = 16 points … 151lb 8oz
              16th
              Nick W-P…........4..…4….4…..2….6.….2 = 16 points … 109lb 5oz
              17th
              Tim W………….....6.….4….3…..3….2.….6 = 18 points … 79lb 8oz
              18th
              Kev Lake……......6…..6…..1….3…..6...2 = 18 points = 63lb 1oz
              19th
              Nick Jones……....3....4……4….6…..6...3 = 20 points = 94lb 2oz
              20th
              Nick Williams…...5……4….3…..3....5...5 = 20 points … 69lb 14oz
              21st
              Neil McMurran….3…..4…..6….6..…6...2 = 21 points … 82lb
              22nd
              Dai Thomas………3….6…..6….6…..6... 2 = 23 points … 29lb 8oz
              23rd
              Mark Bennett…..2…..4….6…..6…..6...6 = 24 points … 75lb
              24th
              Dan Thomas…...5…..1.…6…..6.....6...6 = 24 points … 16lb
              25th
              Nick Bryan……...2…..6….6....6...6...6 = 26 points … 82lb 2oz
              26th
              Roy R……………...6…..6….6….3….5...6 = 26 points … 74lb 12oz
              27th
              Andy Felton…….4……4.…6….6….6...6 = 26 points … 40lb
              28th
              Pete Thompson.3....6….6….6….6...6 = 27 points … 84lb
              29th
              Jimmy L....….....6....6.…6.…6.…3...6 = 27 points … 46lb 4oz
              30th
              Geoff Palmer…...4……6….6….6….6...6 = 28 points … 30lb 8oz

and finally, the Pairs Results.

1st
              Geoff E & Eric R.........33…..33….18….16….13...17 = 97.....414lb 4oz
              2nd
              Ant H & Paul R...........9..….60….12….16….48...32 = 117…..388lb 9oz
              3rd
              Keith A & Simon R.....25…...60….29…..36…30...12 = 132.….274lb 8oz
              4th
              Kev L & Dave M........48…….62...16….21….38...27 = 150…..291lb
              5th
              Andy F & Brian B.......25.……31….33….44…35...33 = 157…..421lb 12oz

The Rest

Mark C & Neil Mc.....39…...35….46…..35…38...23 = 170...265lb 10oz
              Malc D & Roy R.......50…...34….41…….47…20...34 = 176….255lb 4oz
              Jim L & Peter M.......34…...62…..47…..36…13...48 = 178….324lb 10oz
              Steve W & Dai T.....33..…..62….36…..46….46...32 = 193….230lb 12oz
              Dirk W & Mark B......25…....60….64…..42….34...35 = 196….299lb 7oz
              Nick W & Nick J.......39….…60….23…..50….47...37 = 196….163lb 8oz
              Matt N & Geoff P.....21…...62…..64…..34…33...47 = 197….366lb 14oz
              Dave A & Bobby G....35..….62….35…..45….50...49 = 214.…198lb 6oz
              Dan T & Nick W-P...46.…..34….62…..38….64...37 = 217…..125lb 5oz
              Nick B & Pete T......17…...64….64…….64…64...64 = 273…..166lb 2oz
              Pete M
              Rolfs Lake 200+ Club
              Last edited by Pete M; 14 September 2006, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Bloody hell Pete, are you bored , excellent reports, as usual , don't know how you remember it all

Comment

nice one Pete

Comment

Pete, what can I say mate, great report and photos as usual .

Guess we best both sit back and wait for our winners cheques to arrive .

Really enjoyed the series again this year even with the JINX effect.

Were all doomed, I say dooomed captain mainwaring
                    PB Pike just over 17lb

Comment

good report great to read but how the hell do you remember all that

Comment

Cut and paste is a wonderful tool
                        PB Pike just over 17lb

Comment

Working...
                        X