Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Warkshire winter league round 1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warkshire winter league round 1.

It was with much interest that this new campaign kicked off on the Shropshire union canal at Little Onn, With the addition of three new teams it is now possibly the strongest in the country. Fox Match Tipton have joined from the Shroppie division and with the demise of the Lancashire division we also had Sensas North West and Drennan North West.

It was the latter that showed why they are considered to be amongst the elite when bloodworm and joker are the tools, It was a very different approach though that gave them top individual on the day in England star Stuart Conroy, he drew in the wood at Little Onn and fished chopped worm tight over to hook 11 chub, losing three, luckily he only needed the 8 that graced his landing net giving him a total weight of 19-3-0.

Matt Forster led his Sensas NW side to 2nd on the day with a 15-5-0 catch off the end peg on the old Goodyear waters, 4 chub, including one over 5lb, and two big perch, Teamwise it could have been very different with the Sensas NW lads having to fish with a man short due to a late withdrawl from one of members who was at the hospital all night with his son.Best wishes go to him.

On the whole the canal fished quite well with lots of small fish on most sections.

Individuals

1st S.Conroy 19.3.0

2nd Matt Forster 15.5.0

3rd Darren Frost (Drennan NW) 15.1.0

4th Martin Owen (Tipton) 11.14.7

5th Paul Turner (Tipton) 10.15.0

6th Darren Massey (Shakespeare) 10.2.0

Teams on day.

1st Drennan NW 41 pts

2nd Sensas NW 43

3rd= Shakespeare 44

3rd= Fox Match Tipton VDE 44

5th WB Clarkes VDE 51

6th Browning Central 53

7th Sensas Dams & locks 64

8th Team Eclipse 66

9th Atherstone 69

10th Attleborough 75

I was 4th in my section with 3.10.6 of small roach, gudgeon, perch and ruffe.

Cheers for the write up Lee
    Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

Working...
    X