Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

TK Grueller Invite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TK Grueller Invite

A long. long time ago (well this morning)12 hardy souls met on the banks of the Cannock Extension. They had travelled far and wide to reach this utopia of the fishing world.

A number of them were so eager to demonstrate their skills on the venue they had ignored the opportunity to assist a damsel in distress near the venue. Or was she really in distress? Perhaps she was a groupie who had heard of the talent that was to be assembled and was really looking to chalk up another couple of results.

The canal looked in tip top condition and the draw was made with eager anticipation.

Larry Teepot, the renowned squatt king from Bham and Veste took advantage of end pegs.

Kit all assembled, the whistle went. It was evident that today was going to be one of those never to be forgotten events that would be etched in the annals of fishing folk law.

Despite an array of contrasting styles, lines fished, baits fed the fish obliged in an almost suicidal fashion as elastic continually streamed out of all of the competitors poles.

Fish of all sizes and breeds were landed. Roach, rudd, skimmers, tench, perch and humble ruffe graced keepnets. Battles were being fought all along the length as anglers tried valiantly to overcome the competitors on adjacent sides.

The 4 hours scheduled for the match flew by………..such was the sport the competitors all begged the organiser to extend the match to 6 hours when they heard the all out whistle. But no, rules are rules and it was time for the scales.

Result

PEG ANGLER WEIGHT
    1 LARRY TEEPOT 10.0.7
    2 DRYNET 9.11.2
    3 BDM 15.14.0
    5 GERRY 16.0.0
    6 WELDER 10.2.4
    7 HEIZER 14.1.0
    8 SIMPLE SIMON 21.14.5
    9 BALL IT IN 8.3.6
    10 COTTI 15.4.0
    11 SHARK 7.1.7
    12 DAYLEWLIA 13.8.0
    13 VESTE 17.2.0

Simple Simon had destroyed the field with a dazzling display of punch fishing and rightly earned the coveted title of Cut King

An alternative to the fairy tale above

The wicked witch of the West blew and bought about a deluge of rain.

This resulted in the canal, which tends to be pretty clear and leaving competitors begging for a boat, faced with a horrendous slate grey colour (from salts washed in off the roads) in the water.

BDM knew it was going to be a grueller, but it turned out to be worse than that.

PEG ANGLER WEIGHT
    1 LARRY TEEPOT DNW
    2 DRYNET DNW
    3 BDM 0.5.14
    5 GERRY 0.6.0
    6 WELDER DNW
    7 HEIZER 0.4.1
    8 SIMPLE SIMON 1.14.5
    9 BALL IT IN DNW
    10 COTTI 0.5.4
    11 SHARK DNW
    12 DAYLEWLIA 0.3.8
    13 VESTE 0.7.2

So Simple Simon still rose like a gladiator to destroy the field and walk the match – well done
    Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Oh, and by the way, theres a few pickies of the weary competitors on the link within this link

Yale Angling Club Forums - TK Knockup. 29th Dec

Comment

lmao.....what can i say..i drew peg one yes you guessed it the one that had the 17 pike from last week it appeared the pike convention was held in my peg..but not one to moan we also did the draw there as well.... just to really give it the kiss of death i had a dozen loud mouthed abusive canal anglers doing some sort of lets try to cause as much noise as possible prancing behind my peg ...every self respecting fish in that peg had now left to be with Robin hood in the holy land.The final nail went in the coffin when the salt mines of cannock decided to empty into the canal and turn the water sort of grey ... apart from that i had a great day met some really dodgy geezers who seemed to enjoy taking my £5 note..i sat for 2 hours for my one and only bite a ruff on blood worm well to be a little more truthful a pair of eyes proclaiming to be a ruff...i met old mates and new ones but the high light had to be the damsel in distress in the lay by.... red hair... long legs.... nice looking..absolutely ruined my day i was besotted for hours...im sure TK set it up
      In darkness we do what we can
      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Well Larry didn't wear Pink, I was very dissapointed That lady on the side of the road nearly suckered me in too.
        Definatly a TK diversion tactic I think
        Nice to have met you Larry and all the other people I ain't met before.
        TK told you to bring your piking gear too

Comment

Well what can I add

Despite it being a grueller of epic proportions there was some sound banter and most if not all left with a smile.......

It was good to meet a few forumites for the first time - Larry T, Welder (aka Woody1 on here) Sprucey (who coached SS to victory ) and also see Larry meet up with an old fishing colleague he hadn't seen for years.

Yes we all like to have a few and not end up being blankers (is that the correct word ) but I for one enjoyed the day - scratching my head on how to magic up another bite

Can't have been that bad after all........a couple of the guys at the end asked me when we are doing it all again

I'll also slip the spinning rod in the holdall for next time

Comment

He stood behind me and said "You missed a bite", "You missed a bite"
            That's hardly coaching me is it

Comment

who asked when the next one is...........im sure it was the pikers all they want is us to feed there bait fish
              In darkness we do what we can
              In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

You've got a ghost to exercise Larry

Comment

I see you had good scales!!
                  John - Kingfisher
                  Talk Angling Senior Member
                  Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Even worse than that Kingfisher - I was on em and I did meself out of 3rd place by 2drams

Comment

Working...
                    X