Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

James Maude Linden Ac Little John Lakes (Maid Marion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Maude Linden Ac Little John Lakes (Maid Marion)

Saturday 14th April 6hrs.

Weather: Ground frost early morning, icy strong winds, rain at times.

Well this may have been a day of drama and despair at Aintree with Neptune Collonges winning it by just a nose. But our day of drama and first past the post winning by a massive EAR was young gun Kyle Wood. 23 Rods braved the elements and with all the pre-match build up over the last few months the opening match was fast approaching; tackle tarts had done their bit during the winter months keeping the tackle shops in business. The buzz was electric as it always is on the first match but the buzz soon turned into a shock when removing the hand from the draw bag, the favourite pegs to draw on Maid Marion are the centre island pegs, the two ends of the lake are for eating sandwiches and drinking Tea or Coffee. So with pegs 23,24,25,26 on one bank and 12,13,14 on the far bank these were the ones to draw. Banter is always cut down to size on these cold and wet days, but one angler that kept warm by catching was the young Stallion Kyle Wood seeing off the two favourites K. Brown and D Johnson. Kyle fished a tidy match catching a few on the feeder tight to the island but his main attack was the 9mtr line, fishing paste Kyle amassed a cracking weight of 81lb-12oz from peg 12. Well done Kyle. Second place went to a new runner to the club Julian Chadwick one to watch this year, Julian weighed in with a respectable 56lb-14oz from peg 14. Well done Julian. Third place and favourite was Dave Johnson, Dave drew well and made it count taking 52lb-5oz to the scales from peg 24. Well Done Dave. So with the top three sorted the rest of the field bar three found the going tough, with all riders finishing and some just managing to get over the final fence. With poor old Nag Pete Jackson off to the Knackers yard with 1lb-14oz.
    The results are as follows:
    Kyle Wood 81lb-12oz peg 12
    Julian Chadwick 56lb-14oz peg 14
    Dave Johnson 52lb-5oz peg 24
    Kev Brown 49lb-10oz peg 23
    Shaun Green 46lb peg 25
    Terry Cheeseman 36lb-6oz peg 13
    Andy Topham 30lb-9oz peg 26
    Dean Collingham 19lb-11oz peg 1
    Tony Smith 16lb-5oz peg 27
    Terry Wiggins 15lb-13oz peg 10
    Ian Carr 13lb-11oz peg 3
    Lenny Burton 12lb-4oz peg 16
    Paul Davies 12lb-9oz peg 5
    Dave Lilliman 10lb-11oz peg 11
    Johnny Evans 9lb-3oz peg 18
    Paul Skeldon 8lb-10oz peg 7
    Alan Slack 8lb-2oz peg 15
    Brian Cox 6lb-3oz peg 2
    Nick Heath 5lb-6oz peg 8
    Sean Hanrahan 4lb peg 20
    Billy Harrison 3lb-7oz peg 21
    Lawrence Butcher 2lb peg 9
    Pete Jackson 1lb-14oz peg 4
    All anglers must weigh to gain league points.

License checks were taken out on all the above anglers and up to date.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Next Match: 28th April Portland Waters (Old Lake).
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

superb report as per usual bill well done , great to be back for a new season , if a somewhat cold and wind-swept first match , congrats to kyle for a really solid display in difficult conditions and commiserations to those unlucky enough to be situated at either end of the lake , really looking forward to the rest of the season , tight lines to all you maudie boys
    deano ><((((?>><((((?>JAMES MAUDE LINDEN CLUB ><((((?>><((((?>

Comment

Must have been black!

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
        Must have been black!
        Stan you are talking about my fingers mate. Lol

><((((?>

Comment

No, Kyles peg!

Comment

Top report Billy boy , must have been really hard at each end of the lake , it was bad enough in the middle where there were some fish , never been that cold for a long time , did not enjoy it to be honest but thats fishing and the elements , I think in future we have to be carefull about booking that , can you imagine if Lambo ,Butch and Nobby had not been away, it would have been even worse.

Anyway as I say top report and lets hope things improve for the next match , really looking forward to the rest of the season and stopping Mr Brown from running away with the league , I think he will have all on this season as he misses four matches so all to ply for.

Cheers
            [B]I only work ,drink and fish , I wish I could fish and drink as much as I work :D[/B]

Comment

good breakfast, good lads, good report ,crap day fishing, thanks for report billy

Comment

Billy
                A Great report mate and commiserations on your draw - I know the open anglers occasionally catch at the ends of this lake but those catches are few and far between.
                Conrats to Kyle on a cracking win on a poor weather day - fishing paste at 9m in that strong north wind - he fully deserves the win - was this the best ever paste win on a JMLAC match? Well done Kyle.
                Congrats also to Julian and Jonno for 2nd and third.

See you in a couple of weeks. Now where did I put my paste rigs?
                Cheers
                Kev

Comment

great report billy cya in bridgenorth saturday pal
                  ><((((?>><((((?>[COLOR="blue"][SIZE="6"][B]JAMES MAUDE ANGLING CLUB [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]><((((?>><((((?> [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=5

Comment

Cheers Kyle, are you up for a pasting. LOL

><((((?>

Comment

yes pal cant wait
                      ><((((?>><((((?>[COLOR="blue"][SIZE="6"][B]JAMES MAUDE ANGLING CLUB [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]><((((?>><((((?> [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=5

Comment

Working...
                      X