Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Ridgway sat open results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgway sat open results

Wind n rain didnt spoil the day for the 13 hardcore fishing today, long pole was out, so the 3 and 6 metre lines along with the tip produced the goods, this match was the first of the qulifiers we are running, between may and sept each week will see the top weight qualify for the grand final in october, with the extra space available today i left the bridge pegs out on both the whites n blues effectively creating 8 end pegs, so to the results

1st andy dixie 203.10lb white peg 4

2nd chris davies 162.0lb white peg 14

3rd carl mulford 153.2lb blue peg 16

sections

whites martin iles 146.8lb

blues dave hawkins 146.12lb

well 2nd to 5th was close with 4 fish either way dave hawks was cursing at the close having lost an estimated 15+ fish, martin who caught most of the match on the straight lead lost his way after switching to the pole in the last 2 hours !!!lesson learnt, chris davies who midway had only 8 carp in the bag then sacked in the last 2 hours, but there was no stopping andy who caught steady throughout taking nearly all of his 200lb off his 6 metre line, solid i think was the word, well done andy, see you all next week, lets hope the weather improves

sounds awesome i live not far from ridgeway whats the bans and rules etc thanks

Comment

Where is Ridgeway exactly ?
      [B]I only work ,drink and fish , I wish I could fish and drink as much as I work :D[/B]

Comment

Near swindon about 5 miles i guess

Comment

Hi m8 the venue is awesome, great onsite cafe, bait bans/limits no petfoods, two large tins of meat 4 pints of maggot or caster, no floating baits, no fixed method, 2 carp nets and 1 for silvers, four lanes which ave 16 metres and 18 pegs, sat open matches are 6hrs, £15Pools £6 peg fee and optional £1 bonus peg £22 total Match record was set 6 weeks ago at 299.14lb 2nd that day was 291lb 150lb winning weights get a tee shirt with your name and winning weight printed, polo shirt for 200lb+ any more info, just drop me a mail, walters lake @ridgway fisheries is approx 8 miles from Swindon Wilts, in South Cerney Gloucestershire

thanks Martin

Comment

Thanks lads will be giving that a go.
            [B]I only work ,drink and fish , I wish I could fish and drink as much as I work :D[/B]

Comment

This sats Open will have a draw time of 09.00 fish 10.00 till 16.00 this is to accommodate those anglers wanting to get away for the footie, We have an open on BH Monday draw time of 11.00 fish 12.00 till 18.00

For any info or to book in for either call me on 07957175719

Thanks Martin

Comment

Working...
              X