Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

James Maude Linden Ac. Makins Phase 1 lakes 2a & 2b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Maude Linden Ac. Makins Phase 1 lakes 2a & 2b

James Maude Linden Ac. Makins Phase 1 lakes 2a & 2b
    Saturday 26th May 2012 (6hrs)

Weather: Very warm and Sunny.

An early wakeup call was in order to commence your journey to Wolvey and the fantastic Complex of Makins, so following a convoy of Red, White & Blue down the M1 we joined the Huddersfield and Sheff Utd supporters on their way to Wembley, the Champions league beckoned for the winner and the loser was in for another season in League 1. But there was a certain element of doubt creeping into the minds of the Maude’s men the continuing warm spell would mean that the Fish would be entering into their spawning, making sex more of an option than food.
    The development of carp eggs and sperm are directly affected by water temperature, the availability of food, the amount of dissolved oxygen in the water, and the increasing length of daylight. The eggs ripen when the female carp’s pituitary gland stimulates the release of gonadotropin hormones. Sexually mature carp have different features. In females, the ovaries are large and plump out the stomach. The male’s testes are smaller, allowing the males to retain a sleek torpedo-like shape. When males are ready for spawning, they develop breeding nodules on the head and pectoral fins, principally along the bones of the fin rays. These appear as fine whitish raised spots. The nodules appear in abundance on the pectoral fins in regular rows and are rough to the touch. During breeding, the male nudges the female with his head and fins to encourage spawning. Spawning carp are usually not interested in eating, but post spawn carp are. Pre- and post- spawning carp can be found in the rolling waters where the spawning happens. Anglers should look for post-spawn carp for the best fishing during this period of the carp’s life. Male and female carp spawn by swimming side by side. A female Carp has up to seven males fertilising her eggs at any one time, although three to four males is average and spawning may occur over several days.
    The female carp releases her eggs into the water. The amount depends on the age, size, health and the number of times a carp has produced eggs. Carp sperm has a high motility which lasts for 30-60 seconds. Usually, one sperm enters the micropyle, fertilizing the egg. The micropyle closes, the egg absorbs water and enlarges, and then the egg becomes sticky. And the male produces his milt which fertilises the eggs. (Biology lesson over).
    So who’s tactic would pay off on a day when most would find bites and foul hooked fish very frustrating. One man who got his tactics spot on was Johnny Evans our fifth different winner of the season. John went with the intention of fishing and feeding Corn and his decision was the right one to make, upon the whistle he was into carp from the off taking 50lb in the first hour the club record was there to be broken, but as always is the case the fish backed off and bites dried up but his persistence paid off and his constant feeding of Corn and Corn hook bait enticed them back and he was off again albeit a little less frantic but he amassed a winning weight from the margins of 120lb-3oz from peg 9A. Well done JJ. Another angler finding form at last was Dave Sewell fishing from peg 2A he took 73lb-10oz to the scales. Well done Dave. One of our younger anglers Gary Butcher was not having it all his own way well into the match and very little to brag about ,but a switch to maggot down the edge late on had a good stamp of Carp waiting to grace his keep net, so his late surge bought 57lb-9oz from peg 5A. Well done Gary. So with a penalty shoot out to decide the winner at Wembley there was only one convincing winner here. The results are as follows:
    Johnny Evans 120lb-3oz peg 9A
    Dave Sewell 75lb-10oz peg 2A
    Gary Butcher 57lb-9oz peg 5A
    Julian Chadwick 55lb-14oz peg 11B
    Ian Carr 39lb peg 15B
    Pete Lambert 36lb-12oz peg 4A
    Kev Brown 34lb-4oz peg 25B
    Paul Davies 32lb-13oz peg 5B
    Billy Harrison 30lb-7oz peg 16B
    Andy Topham 30lb-3oz peg15A
    Terry Wiggins 26lb-15oz peg 7B
    Shaun green 26lb-10oz peg 18A
    Terry Cheeseman 26lb-5oz peg 17B
    Brian Cox 26lb-4oz peg 13B
    Sean Hanrahan 18lb-7oz peg 20A
    Dave Johnson 16lb-5oz peg 11A
    Kyle Wood 15lb-12oz peg 13A
    Lenny Burton 12lb-9oz peg 7A
    Paul Skeldon 9lb-9oz peg 8A
    Dave Lilliman 6lb-4oz peg 23B
    Nick Heath 5lb-15oz peg 19B
    Lawrence Butcher 6lb-4oz peg 23B
    Dean Collingham 12oz peg 14A
    Pete Jackson 3oz peg 1B
    Alan Slack DNW peg 22B

All anglers must weigh to gain league points.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Next match 2nd June Lindholme Lakes Bonzai.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

great report billy well done to jj
    ><((((?>><((((?>[COLOR="blue"][SIZE="6"][B]JAMES MAUDE ANGLING CLUB [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]><((((?>><((((?> [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=5

Comment

echo kyle ^ brilliant JJ,,now shut up moaning ,,was speaking to doggy on way back,,anyone else of the same opinion that the walk to the far end of that particular lake is just too far for some of our elder statesmen ? to second that personally i was'nt ready when the whistle went and ended up fishing a terrible match,,no excuses,, but would like to thank shaun G for his words of advice,,cheers m8
      Sean Hanrahan

Comment

i said the same shauny
        ><((((?>><((((?>[COLOR="blue"][SIZE="6"][B]JAMES MAUDE ANGLING CLUB [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]><((((?>><((((?> [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=5

Comment

Great report again Billy just one question mate got a couple of lumps growing on my head, am i about to produce my milt ???????????

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
            Great report again Billy just one question mate got a couple of lumps growing on my head, am i about to produce my milt ???????????
            Yes mate, go to bed with a bucket just in case you shoot ya load.

><((((?>

Comment

must admit its not my favourite place, too much of a walk and way too peggy (and I can pull a good peg). some will travel all that way to be a put in a peg to keep the fish in other swims
              but still a great report Billy
              Nick Heath
              [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]You are only as good as your last mistake[/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Cheers Nick, spot on mate one we have to look at me thinks.

See you Saturday mate hope we get a better draw.

><((((?>

Comment

Working...
                X