Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hillview open result for sunday june 17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillview open result for sunday june 17th

with a promise of better weather today,24 anglers turned up for a match on the canals....6 on each canal.we had the odd shower,but on the whole,a pretty good day for it.i had more than enough people asking me why i wasn`t on the ultimate league final at moorlands.....i`ll save that one for another day !

result..

1st....Terry king....................137 -8............peg 93 canal 4..(terry is deadly on the back canal)
    2nd....Nev Groves..................109-10...........peg 53 canal 1
    3rd....Steve Ford...................104-6............peg 95 canal 4
    4th....Chirs (corky ) cork.........88-0..............peg 91 canal 4
    5th....Gay Boy Gallagher..........80-4..............peg 81 canal 3
    6th....Nige Seabright..............70-8..............peg 42 canal 1

i got to my peg & i had no bare bank opposite me...on no ! what was i gonna do..i was lost without any bare bank.. my main approach was down the edge...carp /f1`s & skimmers took it in turn to gobble up my pellets...apologies to anyone who thought i was winding them up....when asked what weight i had,,i honestly thought i had between 60 -70lb.. i was gobsmacked having over 100lb...my match felt that slow.
    canal 2 didn`t switch on at all...53lb being the top weight.
    roll on the warm weather....if we get any that is ?.
    thanks
    nev,
Working...
X