Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Gerrards Cross & Uxbridge DAS Match Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerrards Cross & Uxbridge DAS Match Results

July 1, Willows Lake, London Colney

Good turnout for our first match of the new season. Blowing a bit of a hoolie as the lake is rather open, but fished pretty well in general although a couple of very hard areas on the day

1/ Rob Blackburn 25-0, one carp , three decent bream plus skimmers, method amd pellet/maggot, peg 2
    2/ Dave Dorsett 24-14, bream and skimmers, feeder and pellet, peg 26
    3/ Martin Harper 20-14, one carp, two decent bream plus skimmers, feeder and boilie/ maggot, peg 3
    4/ Gary Young 18-3 all roach, pole and caster, peg 30

Frustrating day for me, one more bream and a skimmer and would have won it but the fish just wouldn't settle. Thought had finally cracked it with 45 mins to go when had three in a row on red pineapple boilie but they went as quickly as they arrived. Was always playing catch up with Rob on my left who had his carp (same size as mine, 6-8) within about 20 seconds of the start- had mine after 40 minutes by which time he had a couple of skimmers as well . Still, glad to have been on some fish as the five pegs to my right barely had 10 lb between them
    Nice net of roach for Gary- pegs 26 to 33 were on the opposite bank to the rest and a bit less windy. Had a couple of looks on the pole on my side but 2 gm backshotted was still going all over the place at 6m so didnt waste much time on it.

July 8, Club lake, Hythe End, nr Wraysbury.

Typically frustrating day here. Pleasure catches up to 80 lb of tench and carp midweek, loads of fish moving when took a walk round yesterday, and then come match day....

1/ Don Wilkinson 21-9, two bream, best 8-12, and a carp, method and corn, peg 27
    2/ John Barnes 6-5, a tench and a perch, feeder and worm, peg 39
    3/ Derek Turton 4-12, one carp, method and pellet, peg 36
    4/ Martin Harper 0-6, two perch, method and maggot ( ! )peg 40

Dont think have ever caught perch on the method feeder before !
    Very very frustrating day for all. John on 39 had line bites all afternoon and a couple of the pegs on the deep bank (where nobody weighed in) had them non stop for the first two hours. Also on the deep bank Ross on peg 20 had loads of carp and bream on the top in front of him at times and lost two foul hookers but they just wouldn't feed. I had what looked like a proper pull round on a boilie after twenty minutes but nothing there. Should have just fished for perch.....

Comment

i have never caught perch on a method feeder before either.

Comment

July 22, Riverside, Northwood
        Lovely little fishery but not at its best on a bright sunny day given that its mostly less than 3 ft deep
        1/ Richard Smith 20-13-0 skimmers and a couple of crucians, pole and meat
        2/ Bob Hawes 12-10-0 skimmers , waggler and pellet/maggot
        3/ Mark O'Leary 12-9-8 mostly a carp,pole and meat
        4/ Alan Parsons 11-1-0 skimmers, pole and maggot/pellet

Me ? No good, my skimmers were too small and could only find one of the better ones and a nice crucian. Ended up with 8 lb and oddly couldnt get a thing next to the lilies or under the bush, had all fish in open water at 11m
        Wraysbury again next week- attendance might be down a bit after last time.....

Comment

Hi runner,where abouts is riverside in northwood? Not heard of it,but I guess it's mount vernon end?
          Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Hi Paul
            Its in the grounds of the Riverside Sports Centre just off the top of Ducks Hill Road near Mount Vernon Hospital and is Harrow School Angling Soc's "other" water
            Lake is more or less circular with a central island- not sure what it was originally or how long its been there but a couple of our members used to fish it for crucians nearly 50 years ago...

Certainly just about the wealthiest area I've ever fished a match in- it was pretty obvious which cars in the car park belonged to the anglers !

Comment

Originally posted by The Runner View Post
              Hi Paul
              Its in the grounds of the Riverside Sports Centre just off the top of Ducks Hill Road near Mount Vernon Hospital and is Harrow School Angling Soc's "other" water
              Lake is more or less circular with a central island- not sure what it was originally or how long its been there but a couple of our members used to fish it for crucians nearly 50 years ago...

Certainly just about the wealthiest area I've ever fished a match in- it was pretty obvious which cars in the car park belonged to the anglers !
              Ah! I know the place! Esporta,on the bend. Loads of dosh round there mate,you're right.
              I'm on the waiting list for harrow school a.s. So will be able to fish it in the future.
              Thanks for the info
              Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Well, that was exciting...

July 29, Club Lake, Wraysbury
                Attendance down as expected to a dozen after the last grueller here, and think next time we might get to fish one bank each unless the carp and bream decide to start having a go. Just like three weeks ago, loads cruising about at distance but completely uninterested.

1/ Bob Hawes, 20-13, two carp and a bream, method and corn, peg 38
                2/ Martin Harper, 3-8, two eels and four perch, pole and worm, peg 18
                3/ Derek Turton 0-11, a few perch, waggler and maggot, 39
                4/ Belinda Parsons 0-5, perch, 15

Pretty sure that everythings just feeding on the vast amount of natural food in the lake although an evening match would probably see a great improvement in results
                Spent just over half the match for one liner on the method and bomb into a nice 6 ft deep clear patch in the weed 30 yards out,at which point decided to eel it at 7m in 11 ft of water, but it was 45 minutes from the end before any turned up. Should have done a bit better as bumped two by hitting them too early and missed a couple of bites as well. Still, too far adrift of the winner for it to have made any difference

Comment

August 5, Royal Berkshire Fishery
                  A two horse race from adjacent pegs on the wide bit at the far end, As usual for here, needed to be within inches of the far side to catch consistently (or at all )
                  1/ Kevin Burroughs 83-0, carp with a couple of bream, pellet waggler
                  2/ Lee White 78-13 as above
                  3/ Richard Smith 28-11 five carp, pellet feeder
                  4/ Graham Fox 23-10 carp on pellet wag and some roach on caster

Me ? Did utter cack; drew one of the narrower swims, one carp, prob the smallest in the lake at barely 2 lb,after half an hour tight to the bank at 16m, lost another an hour later and that was that apart from a few decent roach on 8 mil pellet.... Had a couple of 20 minute goes shallow on caster at 6m but the roach were too small. If had done it all day might have got close to 3rd or 4th but really didnt have enough caster with me to do it properly-ended up with 7-13
                  Might have been even tighter at the top if Lee hadnt missed the net with a carp- difficult trick to pull off when transferring the fish straight from landing net to keepnet but he managed it somehow !

Comment

what times was your match 10-3???,decent top 2 weights by the way
                    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

not been to royal berkshire for a good few years now.are the pegs still close together.?

Comment

We fished it 9 till 2
                        Always seems the same there in that after the first hour or so most of the carp drift off into the back of the bays and wides.
                        Seems very rare to get carp in the open water, or to get a decent weight from the narrower pegs there in match conditions.

Comment

Pegs close ? Not unduly so, although you need to be careful with the pegging in the corners as its a bit of an uneven shape (We were on lake 3). We left out a couple of pegs on the straights as being too tight though and you lose a few swims in the corners if you want to avoid the potential for arguments and you wouldnt realistically want more than the 20 we had on there

Comment

August 12, R Cherwell,Northfields Farm
                            A bit late with this one as had to miss it, shame as its just about my favourite of the clubs waters and we only have a couple of matches on it a season
                            Very weedy at present and didnt really fish at its best with most finding it switch off after two hours or so, top two weights coming from down below the confluence with the R Ray
                            1/ Derek Turton 14-6, three chub plus roach and dace, wag and caster
                            2/ Brian Dart 8-11, roach and dace, wag and caster
                            3/ Don Wilkinson 6-0 roach and dace, stick and maggot
                            4/ Alan Parsons 4-7 as above

Comment

August 19, Riverside, Northwood
                              Had to miss this one as well in the interests of domestic harmony, it being the other halfs birthday....
                              Like a few weeks ago here, sun on the shallow water didnt really help.Tench and crucians conspicuous by their absence, a couple of the big carp hooked and lost

1/ Kevin Burroughs 23-2 all skimmers, pole and pellet/ maggot
                              2/ Bob Hawes 12-7 skimmers and roach, waggler and maggot
                              3/ Graham Fox 10-8 skimmers, pole and pellet
                              4/ Richard Smith 10-1 skimmers, pole and meat

Comment

Working...
                              X