Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Hillview weds 11th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillview weds 11th

Only 10 fished today on moorhen, heron had about 15 anglers from the cabins on it, all catching well
    lots of skimmers and the smaller carp were caught(mainly 3-6lb)with only an odd bigger fish showing

1st Fordy , V R H,,daiwa / team cimloc, 130-8, peg 9, top kit n edges ,pellet/corn

2nd mick astbury, 112-4, peg 3, short pole /meat.

3rd mark n???( cant read it) 80-10, peg 15, short pole, pellets / corn

4th ray astbury, 75-6,peg 1, method to the island(yes) n short pole.

Method!!!

Comment

Putting the record straight

Originally posted by fish4bites View Post
      Method!!!
      Yes I did fish the method as I genuinely didn't know you could use it .having never been to the fishery before.i checked the rules on the board outside the office and there is nothing on there as soon as I was shouted at by fordy I came off it. And for the record I only caught two fish on it! Also bi heard a moan about fishing to the island there's only 3 pegs on the bank I fished and no one was on peg 2 so after asking the angler on peg three was it ok I fished It. Won't make the same mistake again and I will make sure I know the all the rules before hand. On the day I wasn't the only one fishing the method but nothing was said to them. I apologised to Keith which he accepted.
      TRUSTED POPLARS AC ANGLER WHO TELL'S NO LIES.

Comment

it does say no groundbait !!!!! method mix is groundbait.
        out of darkness cometh light

Comment

Clarkie you can fish pellets on a method !!!!
          Phils Tackle & I.L floats

Comment

Originally posted by nearly20mbob View Post
            Clarkie you can fish pellets on a method !!!!
            sorry Bob...you cant..not at Hillview !....keith only allows dry pellets in a feeder.... and that isn`t dried out pellets that have previously been dampened off....

Comment

correct nev .
              Originally posted by 2 METRES View Post
              sorry Bob...you cant..not at Hillview !....keith only allows dry pellets in a feeder.... and that isn`t dried out pellets that have previously been dampened off....
              out of darkness cometh light

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHY View Post
                Yes I did fish the method as I genuinely didn't know you could use it .having never been to the fishery before.i checked the rules on the board outside the office and there is nothing on there as soon as I was shouted at by fordy I came off it. And for the record I only caught two fish on it! Also bi heard a moan about fishing to the island there's only 3 pegs on the bank I fished and no one was on peg 2 so after asking the angler on peg three was it ok I fished It. Won't make the same mistake again and I will make sure I know the all the rules before hand. On the day I wasn't the only one fishing the method but nothing was said to them. I apologised to Keith which he accepted.
                as stated before its bad enough having daft rules (ie cant cup paste being one) but not to have a rules board up to date at fishery ior on website is a joke i think,i fished a match back in december and fished the pellet feeder only lo learn you cant wet pellets or put them in a feeder.
                [SIZE=7]ELWELL FLOATS

[/SIZE] [url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

The daftest 1 i can remember @ Hill view was when i drew a peg on the end of the pool on the left
                  Think it was peg 2 or 3 it had a x on it & this ment i could not chuck anything towards Island
                  i had to sit there all match watching Bloke 2 pegs up the side Chuck a feeder in front of me all day to win the match
                  to say i was confused would be an understatement.
                  Colin

Comment

thats the chuck rule tho col, just 2 pegs each long bank directly opposite the island,as on the board, if u chuck from the end of the lake, u r going past 2-3 pegs, and u can use slightly dampened pellets, but not in a feeder, helps keep them in when fishing long in winter.

Comment

surely if you are on end of pool the anglers up the side of island are going to be chucking across you
                      i thought that rule was a bit daft to be honest
                      I dont see how you can be Denied the chance of using a winning method in certain conditions when the bloke 20mtrs away from you is allowed to use a method that you cannot ??
                      Colin

Comment

i'm FLABBERGASTED !!!.

Comment

so was i !!
                          But as Fordy said it is a rule !!
                          STUPID but there it is !!
                          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by trebleV View Post
                            i'm FLABBERGASTED !!!.
                            who spelt that for ya?