Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

James Maude Linden Ac Portland Waters Old Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Maude Linden Ac Portland Waters Old Lake

James Maude Linden Ac Portland Waters Old Lake.
    Saturday 11th August 2012.
    Weather: Warm and sunny, with a slight breeze.

Last visit 28th April 2012: Tony Smith winner 154lb-15oz peg 35. Total caught on day 778lb.
    Saturday 11th August 2012: Kev Brown winner 42lb- 7oz peg 12. Total caught on day 260lb.

Following the recent heavy rains this can usually cause soil or fertiliser to run off from farms, excess nutrients get into the water ways/lakes etc. The recent hot spells increasing water temperatures which have also been related to the occurrence of algal blooms, with unusually warm water being conducive to blooms.
    Then nature tries to use up these excess nutrients in the only way it can and that is by the growth of Algae. Algae are tiny plants that will use up the chemicals N.P.& K. and the many other trace elements that have become suddenly available in the water. When this happens it is called an "algae bloom". Then, when all the excess nutrients have been used up by the algae, there is nothing for it to use up (eat?) so it dies. Now we have a different problem. The dead algae decays. This decaying process is speeded up by aerobic (oxygen using) bacteria which create a lack of oxygen in the water. At this stage both the bacteria and the fish become short of oxygen so they die off (suffocate) too. This creates another load of decaying matter and another excess of nutrients N.P.K. etc etc etc. This has started a continuing circle of algae bloom and decay which continues on taking nature a considerable time to clean up, settle down and get back to normal. The addition of Barley can help reduce this process but can come at a price with the effect on fish, although not harmful given the right dosage. So with Oxygen levels depleted especially when the photosynthesis process kicks in at night, this is when the aerators are needed at full capacity. So with Oxygen depletion the fish’s metabolism rate alters and they can reduce their food intake.
    This was certainly the problem that the James Maude Ac lads faced upon their arrival at their pegs on the Old Lake at Portland Waters. With 27 anglers making the best turnout this season and the worst match for a long time. With back to back wins Kev Brown made the best of a bad situation, Kev drew peg 12 a corner peg and peg 11 spare he fished this match like a winter league match catching mainly on meat and feeding very little to weigh 42lb-7oz. Well don Kev. Wayne Jerram former member back as a guest fishing from peg 4 caught 22lb-3oz. Well done Wayne. A BIG up to Alan Slack fishing well on a very tough day from peg 10 again a corner peg his best result this season with 21lb-2oz. Well done Alan.
    So on a day when Mo Farrah wins 5,000 mtrs on the back of 10,000 mtrs, it did not matter how many meters you fished you would not win gold,
    The results are as follows.
    Kev Brown 42lb-7oz peg 12
    Wayne Jerram 22lb-3oz peg 4 (guest)
    Alan Slack 21lb-2oz peg 10
    Kyle Wood 16lb-5oz peg 8
    Shaun Green 15lb peg 16
    Nick Heath 14lb-14oz peg 27
    Dave Johnson 14lb-8oz peg 35
    Terry Cheeseman 13lb-8oz peg 32
    Dave Sewell 12lb-15oz peg 28
    Sean Hanrahan 12lb-13oz peg 2
    Dave Lilliman 11lb-12oz peg 7
    Terry Wiggins 9lb-10oz peg 15
    Paul Skeldon 7lb-2oz peg 22
    Brian Cox 6lb-12oz peg 20
    Julian Chadwick 6lb-6oz peg 21
    Pete Lambert 6lb-4oz peg 19
    Dean Collingham 5lb-14oz peg 1
    Andy Topham 4lb-7oz peg 6
    Gary Butcher 4lb-6oz peg 34
    Pete Jackson 3lb-14oz peg 23
    Tony Smith 2lb-15oz peg 9
    Len Burton 5oz peg 17
    Lawrence Butcher 4oz peg 24
    Billy Harrison DNW peg 13
    Ian Carr DNW peg 3
    Johnny Evans DNW peg 33

So a bad day at Green Creek.

Next match Saturday 18th August Janson’s

Thank you for taking the time to read.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

So Billy, a DNW from the side of the winning peg. It certainly looks like your on a downward spiral ready for the orange shirt
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]You are only as good as your last mistake[/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Cheekybrat View Post
      So Billy, a DNW from the side of the winning peg. It certainly looks like your on a downward spiral ready for the orange shirt
      Nick i really thought you would have come up with a more constructive answer than the Old shirt routine. LOL
      Not the side of a winning peg Nick but the side of the League winner for the last four years mate and looks like making it a fifth.

><((((?>

Comment

Great report Billy, very interesting reading. Portland have all always been fantastic with JMLAC and only recently spent days pumping the water level down on The Canal - (doughnut) snake lake to get the venue fishable for us.

Have Portland offered a reduction for the next match or offered a free match maybe by way of recognising that we perhaps are one of their best customers with at least 4/5 matches per year etc?

PS; I was glad I didn't have your peg mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Brown View Post
          Great report Billy, very interesting reading. Portland have all always been fantastic with JMLAC and only recently spent days pumping the water level down on The Canal - (doughnut) snake lake to get the venue fishable for us.

Have Portland offered a reduction for the next match or offered a free match maybe by way of recognising that we perhaps are one of their best customers with at least 4/5 matches per year etc?

PS; I was glad I didn't have your peg mate.
          Cheers Kev, it was a pleasure being at the side of you sensible conversation for once. my peg was a bit sparse. Have sent you an email mate regarding Portland. should have some fish this week,, hope they dont start spawning again LoL.

><((((?>

Comment

great report billy and a big thank you goes out to skelly and your good self on behalf of the club for the way you handled the whole sorry affair , still got the noise of the airiator ringing in my tabs & the rancid smell whafting through my nostrils , see you all next week , tight lines maudie boys
            deano ><((((?>><((((?>JAMES MAUDE LINDEN CLUB ><((((?>><((((?>

Comment

Great report billy the worst match I've ever fished
              ><((((?>><((((?>[COLOR="blue"][SIZE="6"][B]JAMES MAUDE ANGLING CLUB [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]><((((?>><((((?> [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=5

Comment

well done with the words again Billy boy just knew that 25 years as a chemist would come in handy sometime ( sic ) what a day, same as Lenny said to quote,"not got much time left don't need to be wasting it on crap like this " need to be having a word with Toby. Allegedly the water had been closed for a week after treatment if that's true its not right that we should be the guinea pigs to test the fishing "what fishing "!!!!
                well done to Kev and any one else that managed to catch, I was at the side of Sean Green who fished a brilliant match casting the wag within a foot of the island most casts, well done mate, well impressed, just a shame the fish weren't having it. On a good day i'm sure you would have emptied it. Brill turn out again, bring on Jansons.
                On a lighter note Deano going on about the rancid smell in his nostrils, must have brought back memories of Bridgnorth and the exploding toilet, what a laugh
                regards Wiggy
                Last edited by hurricane; 13 August 2012, 08:41 PM. Reason: swearing

Comment

Terry , have had a word with Toby and Mick the owner about the situation just waiting for an answer.
                  Lenny Burton Quote of the day, nearly 80yrs old and "here's me not much time left in my life and I'm wasting it on crap like this" a legend.
                  Yes mate watched Greeny all day as I was doing nowt, a master class in wagg fishing.
                  Deano the Maserator man PMSL.
                  Last edited by hurricane; 13 August 2012, 08:42 PM. Reason: swearing

><((((?>

Comment

Fished rock hard because it had been treated with barley , like Wiggy says, it should have been closed down and not open for idiots
                    like us , we deserve a free match off the back of that and I know Billy and Skelly will do everything they can.

Lennys quote was another classic , but there was more than one , i was next to him and he entertained me all day with stuff like

"im on borrowed time and wasting it on crap like this"

"does that clown upstairs know i may never catch another fish and he sits me on this cesspit "

"it could have been worse , at least theres a tree between us so i dont have to look at your ugly mug all day ,you bald pillock"

True legend that Lenny , anyway I think Nick has a point Weldec, at least your confidence will be up for the week in Bridgnorth, i mean DNW from the side of the winning peg , yes i take into consideration it was Mr Brown but that makes no difference who it was , it was who was on your peg that was the problem, i was going to mention it but i am not like that so have not mentioned at all that you are due CHANG , after all youve never had it have you ???????????????
                    Last edited by hurricane; 13 August 2012, 08:45 PM. Reason: swearing
                    [B]I only work ,drink and fish , I wish I could fish and drink as much as I work :D[/B]

Comment

Shaun I didn't hear the other classics from Lenny mate they are top draw.
                      Nick does have a point and its the end of my bank stick LOL love it mate cant wait for the text messages to start coming in.

Deano on a massive deficit, Lol going down, Snort in his bivvy chair floating worm that's three shirts I wont need.

Also may I add that I will not be drawn into this futile badgering regarding the Holland team and some Chinese chip shop owner called CHANG. K Sera Sera.

><((((?>

Comment

Just for GOON PLATOON Bridgenorth Fri ASH Sat Chestnut Sun Beech rest of week up to us bring it on

regards Wiggy

Comment

Originally posted by weldec View Post
                          Shaun I didn't hear the other classics from Lenny mate they are top draw.
                          Nick does have a point and its the end of my bank stick LOL love it mate cant wait for the text messages to start coming in.

Deano on a massive deficit, Lol going down, Snort in his bivvy chair floating worm that's three shirts I wont need.

Also may I add that I will not be drawn into this futile badgering regarding the Holland team and some Chinese chip shop owner called CHANG. K Sera Sera.

Deano on a deficit, whats he done ???????????
                          [B]I only work ,drink and fish , I wish I could fish and drink as much as I work :D[/B]

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
                            Just for GOON PLATOON Bridgenorth Fri ASH Sat Chestnut Sun Beech rest of week up to us bring it on

regards Wiggy
                            well I for one will be pleased to fish Chestnut on a day with no Chang on it or I might have saved Billy from one of them
                            Nick
                            [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]You are only as good as your last mistake[/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Doggys been to wetlands today and had 1 fish , another one peaking at the right time , lol

Comment

Working...
                              X