Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

The Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Weekend

Well how did everyone fair this weekend?

I was on the New Junction at Barnby Dunn for the third round of our winter league. Had a nice day, caught perch for the first two hours then had a bad middle of the match with just odd fish for an hour, then got my head down once the roach turned up. Ended up with 11lb 5oz for second in my 12 peg section ... shows how good a canal it is though, there were several chub caught in the section and a 6lb barbel! The match was won with 19lb of mainly gudgeon at 3M! Yours truly just out of the frame again!
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Second in section in the West Middx WL on canal at Three Locks. Drew three away from where I won section in the practice open- said on here wouldn't mind the same peg again as was more or less guaranteed a section win. I was right, although he did only beat me by 2oz..

Struggled for first half of match. Had noticed in practice that the perch were a better average size fishing only about a foot from your own bank rather than at 3 metres but there weren't enough of them there yesterday. Only about level with those around me after an hour so went out to 10m squatt line and promptly got double-boated which killed it stone dead. Everyone else was still picking up small fish off and on for the next hour and I was dropping behind so, as it seemed to be slowing down rapidly even for those catching, decided to stick it out long on the big maggot for better fish. Picked up four hand sized skimmers in the next two hours alternating between 14.5 and 16 metres, Dave White next peg had five or six of the same with the rest now really struggling apart from Martin Foster who was still getting a few perch on the favoured peg.
    Cupped in one last pot of loose groundbait against the far wall with 20 minutes left. Five to three had a 4 oz skimmer and next put in another about 12 oz . Just had time to go over again, float went down a hole and up came a micro roach with a maggot wedged in its gob....
    Ended up with 2 15, those last five minutes being worth an extra three or four points.Tight section, even if it was the worst in the match, Martin Foster 3 1, myself 2 15, Dave White 2 13 and then I think Mick Nowicki 2 7 8.

Ray Kedge of Harrow Herons won it with 13 6 (One carp!)' then Russell Grimes (Hayes) and a Garbolino Apollo angler( sorry, forget who)both 12 3 8, then Chris Martin and Jamie Nash, both of Harefield Tackle, with 11 13 and 11 5

Very close teamwise- first 3 way tie I can remember.
    Garbolino Apollo, Hayes, and Davies Angling all 44 points,Crowsports 41, Harefield Tackle 39.5, Harrow Herons 35 and Colmic GX 29.5

Gold Valley next, where we (Harefield) traditionally have a rotten result....

Comment

Fished the final match of our club's Sunday league on the River Stour, the only way I could win the league was to win the match with a minimum of 13lb.
      Drew the flyer that is know for catches of tench to 5lb and bream about the same size.
      Set out my stall for the big fish and first fish I hooked took me straight into the lillies and snapped me. New hooklength and back in next fish hooked straight into the lillies again with my 14 elastic bottomed out, at which point the fish turned and swam back out, after a good battle a 11lb 10oz carp to the net. This was followed by a bream of about 5lb a pike of about 6lb and a couple of small perch.
      Won the match with 23lb 0oz in the process taking the trophy for the Sunday league, the biggest fish trophy too.
      2nd was 3lb 7oz
      3rd was 3lb 4oz 8drm

So a great day for me.
      Paul Webster

[IMG]http://astwoodbankac.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/fishy.gif[/IMG]

[URL="http://www.astwoodbankac.co.uk"]http://www.astwoodbankac.co.uk[/URL]

Comment

take it pike aloud then
        sensas /total angling

Comment

I fished the 1st round of the Warkshire winter league on the Walsall canal at Wednesbury, drew a poor peg, i was happy with 4th in my 8 peg section with 7-2-7 of roach behind a 10-12-0,7-11-0 and 7-3-0.

Comment

i won the first winterleague match at heronbrook 81lb
            Pickerings Garbolino

43 Kammies

Whiteacres Intermediate Festival Winner 2007

Maver Classic 2007 qualyfier

Browning youthmasters 2007 qualyfier

Comment

Originally posted by woodhouse
              I fished the 1st round of the Warkshire winter league on the Walsall canal at Wednesbury, drew a poor peg, i was happy with 4th in my 8 peg section with 7-2-7 of roach behind a 10-12-0,7-11-0 and 7-3-0.
              excellent weights again Woody made my 14oz for 5th in my match look silly nice one
              In darkness we do what we can
              In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

I think half the field had over 7lb Larry

Comment

Oneabung, Pete Baron was on my match bemoaning about not being picked for the winter league. Them gudgeon grow big then?

Comment

Yeah they are a good stamp, but to be honest I think there must have been a fair few perch included in the weight, but chatting after the match he reckoned he had 91 fish in the last hour alone!
                    Simon Young
                    Admin

Comment

Worm and joker now isn't it? or is that later on on the stainy?

Comment

Yep worm and joker... although the stuff we have been getting isnt that good, luckly I have a big tank in my garage and can liven it up a bit which makes tons of difference - well I'm sure it does getting it bright red again and jumping in the paper! Plus at least you can then hook the joker, but not really any need for that at the moment as there are that many fish it becomes a fish race in some sections... just gutted this week I wasted the first 20 mins on the bomb looking for that big 5lb chub and missed out on my section by 1lb ... hey ho thats how it goes - if I had had a chub to go with my 11lb of bits it would have been worth 2nd in the match and £250 so thats the way the cookie crumbles and its not like the team I fish for have any chance in that league so in my opinion its worth it.

This week we are on the Stainy and should be good again!
                        Simon Young
                        Admin

Comment

Working...
                        X