Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

James Maude Ac Portland Waters Canal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Maude Ac Portland Waters Canal

Saturday 25th April 2014 Portland Waters Canal (6hrs)

Brown Back to his Best

So the second match in the James Maude Calendar arrived with haste, having just recovered from the first match the James Maude Lads were hoping to up the weight limit this week, with noticeable signs of some fish getting ready to spawn, could this prevent big weights on the day. Well this was not so for our most consistent angler over the past few years Mr Kev Brown fishing 14mtrs over he fished pellet and paste down the edge to amass a fantastic weight of 124lb-7oz from peg 27. Well done Kev.
    Finishing once again in the top three was Gary Butcher fishing from favoured peg one Gary also fished over to the far bank and caught on Meat to take 113lb-15oz to the scales. Well done Gary. Third place was to come from Kev Browns neighbour on peg 28 Dave Lilliman who was also one of the ton up boys catching 100lb-4oz. Well done Dave. Hon Sec Paul Skeldon also finding some form once again taking fourth place from peg 30 with a respectable 90lb-4oz. Well done Paul. So with fish shoaled up around the high numbers and some favoured pegs producing good weights, the rest of the field were playing catch up. But all that aside this was a great match with all anglers using the scales.
    The results are as follows:
    Kev Brown 124lb-7oz peg 27
    Gary Butcher 113lb-15oz peg 1
    Dave Lilliman 100lb-14oz peg 28
    Paul Skeldon 90lb-4oz peg 30
    Pete Lambert 85lb-2oz peg 17
    Ian Carr 84lb-5oz peg 24
    Kyle Wood 70lb peg 7
    Shaun Green 65lb-6oz peg 13
    Ashley Skeldon 57lb-2oz peg 3 (guest)
    Paul Davies 51lb-4oz peg 7 (guest)
    Sean Hanrahan 49lb peg 10
    Andy Topham 48lb-7oz peg 20
    Dave Sewell 48lb peg 12
    Tony Smith 43lb-3oz peg 8
    B Topham 41lb-5oz peg 5 (guest)
    Lenny Burton 39lb-2oz peg 19
    Terry Cheeseman 38lb-1oz peg 23
    Lawrence Butcher 32lb peg 25
    Pete Jackson 31lb-12oz peg 18
    Alan Slack 31lb-7oz peg 15
    Terry Wiggins 23lb-12oz peg 21
    Billy Harrison 20lb-3oz peg 12

All anglers must weight to gain league points.

Next Match Saturday 17th May Tyram Fishery Island Lake (1-30)

Thank you for taking the time to read.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

My own personal view of this match is to put it behind me and move on, never fancied the peg and being on cyanide straight, fished most of the match over at 14mtrs, tried maggot, worm, pellet and corn, fish came and went into the peg but they just were not chomping. Tried paste down the track but to no avail few dip on the float but no takers, with pegs 12 & 13 both in the margin was not favoured tried it late on but nothing came in. In desperation had a few chucks to the far bank with the bomb and never had a single bite or liner. Nice to see Sean Hanrahan back in the fold were he belongs, Sean fished a cracking match showing us all how it should be done on the feeder. With a few lads still on other duties it is a big thank you to the guests for making the numbers up and all catching well. I'm off to kick the Cat.

><((((?>

Comment

Why did you have 2 Anglers on Peg 12 ???
      Dave Sewell 48lbs
      Billy Harrison 20 . 3 lbs
      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
        Why did you have 2 Anglers on Peg 12 ???
        Dave Sewell 48lbs
        Billy Harrison 20 . 3 lbs
        Good spot Col, Typo mate, should read Dave Sewell peg 11

><((((?>

Comment

Originally posted by weldec View Post
          My own personal view of this match is to put it behind me and move on, never fancied the peg and being on cyanide straight, fished most of the match over at 14mtrs, tried maggot, worm, pellet and corn, fish came and went into the peg but they just were not chomping. Tried paste down the track but to no avail few dip on the float but no takers, with pegs 12 & 13 both in the margin was not favoured tried it late on but nothing came in. In desperation had a few chucks to the far bank with the bomb and never had a single bite or liner. Nice to see Sean Hanrahan back in the fold were he belongs, Sean fished a cracking match showing us all how it should be done on the feeder. With a few lads still on other duties it is a big thank you to the guests for making the numbers up and all catching well. I'm off to kick the Cat.
          Good report Bill same story for me, fished long, down the track, and down the side had a spare peg but it made no difference fished the man things off all to no avail, proper fish really hard to come by, so when you find the cat please save some for me. See you Sat mate hope they're having a chomp at Bridgnorth

Wiggy

Comment

Terry, what pond are we on Saturday mate ?

><((((?>

Comment

Chestnut Sat. Larch Sun Bill, hope they've got the weather forecast wrong, looks like dropping cold and frosts at night just what we want NOT,Still good company and ale will sort that out, take care mate see you Sat morning,

Wiggy

Comment

Fished hard in places but they were obviously having a chomp at both ends , peg 1 and 2 and 27, 28 and 30, wind had moved the majority of fish down to those pegs , did not fancy 13 at all was gutted when I drew it again , anyway fished ok all round really nobody had less than 20 pound, cannot really say it did not fish with those weights, just that some of us need a bit more luck in the draw bag.
                [B]I only work ,drink and fish , I wish I could fish and drink as much as I work :D[/B]

Comment

Working...
                X