Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Cobhouse Laugherne (Lawn ) Island, Laurels and New Oak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobhouse Laugherne (Lawn ) Island, Laurels and New Oak.

When you consider that the lakes were somewhat below par due to the time of year ie pre/post spawning which had resulted in the introduction of a temporary rule prohibiting fishing the margins the results as a whole were very good. Just a couple of stats -
    2 weights over 200lbs; 14weights between 100 and 200lbs and another 5 between 80 and 100lbs.

Top weights by lake were as follows.

Laugherne Island (24 anglers)

Peg

1 Geoff Hiley 39 164lbs 10ozs

2 Jim Hill 29 135 lbs 5ozs

3 Gary Haywood 12 106lbs 14ozs

4 Kevin Clarke 35 105lbs 12ozs

5 Terry Wiggins 36 103 lbs 4ozs

Laurel (13 anglers)
    Peg

1 Will Palmer 10 117lbs 8ozs

2 Nick Heath 21 103lbs 8ozs

3 John Eales 18 100lbs 8ozs

New Oak (11 pegs)
    Peg

1 Paul Postin 17 249lbs

2 Paul Rowbury 8 210lbs 8ozs

3 Robin Senter 5 180lbs

Thanks for all the helpful info. Wiggy

1 Hour Ago #1 wiggy
    View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Add as Contact Send Email

Registered Club Member
    Trusted Angler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cobhouse Laugherne (Lawn ) Island, Laurels and New Oak.
    When you consider that the lakes were somewhat below par due to the time of year ie pre/post spawning which had resulted in the introduction of a temporary rule prohibiting fishing the margins the results as a whole were very good

A sign of the times i think
    Fishing gone Mad!!
    While its great to catch Fish,its why we go fishing after all !
    Why oh Why do so many Anglers think that unless they can catch ridiculous weights every time they go Out
    14 weights over 80lbs is a fantastic days fishing .
    Not just very good
    But seriously from someone that has been a part of the open match scene for well over 40yrs it saddens me to see the youngsters & new comers into our sport,thinking that they have to catch these Huge weights !
    Instead of Enjoying the Basics .
    The reason that most of us got into fishing in the 1st place
    Colin

Comment

Col - whats your problem with Cob house?
      A hillview thread goes up and its the best thing since sliced bread, a cob house thread goes up - fishing gone mad!
      theres no difference between the two venues baring a few F1's!
      [URL="http://scottsfishingblog.blogspot.com/"]http://scottsfishingblog.blogspot.com/[/URL]
      [url]http://www.oldghostbait.com/[/url]
      [url]http://www.oldghostbait.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Scott you have got me wrong mate
        Cob House is an unbelievable fishery
        Nice surroundings absolutely Stuffed with Fish definately up there with any Fshery in the Country
        I have not said anything Detrimental about Cob House
        The Post i pasted from Wiggy stated that in spite restrictions it was a Good Day !!
        I said it was a Fantastic result sheet not just Good .
        The Results @ Cob house are the Most consitent Big weight marches any where in the country
        A ll i meant to say
        is that its a pity that Newcomers to Fishing are now judging their opinion of venues by the Monstrous weights that are regularly caught
        & Feel that unless they catch in excess of 100/200lbs they have had a bad day !!
        I seems that they are Missing so much enjoyment !!
        You dont need to Catch these weights to have a good day some anglers get just as much enjoyment going to the Local canals in the Middle of Major Cities & catching very little
        they are happy just to be there
        Sadly many youngsters coming into our sport ,dont stick with it because rather than learn the Skills that others have aquired over many yrs ,they Crave instant success & when they fall short they Pack it in !!
        If i was asked by anyone where they should go for a day out with Plenty off Fish ,Excellent Safe ,Clean well maintained fishery
        my answer would be & has been for a few yrs now Would be
        Cob House
        So Please point out where i have Knocked Cob House in this thread
        because i cannot see it Myself !!
        Col
        Colin

Comment

Oh y the way i have told someone to Pm you for information about Trevs !!
          As have not been there for ages i would rather let a Venue Expert advise him,
          than give him info that could be out of Date
          Hope you dont mind & hope you can help him out
          Col
          Colin

Comment

must just be a coincidence then that you vent your frustrations on Cob house threads.
            [URL="http://scottsfishingblog.blogspot.com/"]http://scottsfishingblog.blogspot.com/[/URL]
            [url]http://www.oldghostbait.com/[/url]
            [url]http://www.oldghostbait.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by scottyp View Post
              must just be a coincidence then that you vent your frustrations on Cob house threads.
              As i said earlier i am confused with your Comments
              No frustrations
              If anything i actualy praised the Fishery by saying 14 weights over 80 was not just good but Fantastic
              you will not find any detrimental posts on this Forum from Myself since the days of Fish Farmer
              maybe 1 or 2 tongue in cheek comments but nothing serious
              Most of my Posts on Hill view are of the same Vein
              Its my sense of Humour

In Future i will not Post on anything to do with Hill View or Cob House or anywhere else for that Matter
              in fact i dont think i will Bother Full Stop !!
              Colin

Comment

Not complaining about the fishing Col just the fact of what might have been if there had been no spawning,First visit to Cobhouse for lots of us, some of us traveled over !00 miles to the venue and many of us have never caught over 100lb of fish in a match.Great venue well set out and run, Good breakfast and helpful staff (pity its not nearer!!).Drew Lawn on the day long walk but worth it, thanks to Scottyp didnt take Feeder or Wag and as suggested just fished short top 2+1 enjoyed it. Thanks again for positive input Scotty.

Regards Wiggy PS. Col done all the basics mate been matchfishing over 50years done all the coach trips mate all over England still water and rivers never stop learning mate and its still nice to catch over 100lb so keep giving advice mate but please make it constructive

Comment

Now come on col, Trevor, nev and myself have saved all week for your breakfast. We are looking forward to seeing you.

Comment

You dont need to save for my Breakfast Mate !!
                    I dont eat enough to feed a Sparrow !!
                    I am having an Operation Tomorrow New Knee /New Shin Bone & a Bone Graft on my thigh.
                    So i aint gonna be Fishing or doing all for quite a time
                    when i went for Pre op on Friday was informed i could have to use a Wheel Chair for 3 to 6mths
                    said i cant even stand for 2 weeks because of this Bone Graft
                    Dont panic as soon as i am Mobile i will send you a PM & you can give me some Advice & i promise to come down
                    So start saving for my Mug of Tea
                    see ya soon
                    Col
                    Colin

Comment

Morning Col
                      John

Comment

The results at the start of this thread are much better than the result we had Saturday when we fished Laugherne Island !!!
                        there was a 2m limit on both banks because the fish were spawning, there was a match the night before until 8pm on the same pool and we had 2 matches on our pool so the pool was full.To top this off it rained for the whole 5 hours lol !!!
                        65lb won our match from peg 1 and I managed second with 63lb, and on the other side only 42lb was needed to win their match.
                        Never mind still had a laugh and at least my gear is clean now lol !!!

Comment

Good luck big col, hope all goes well and look forward to seeing you soon

Comment

I didn't know you knew how to spell stuff huggy,i'm at H.V on wednesday get your £2 ready.

Valor morghulis.

Comment

Originally posted by AC Chezo View Post
                              The results at the start of this thread are much better than the result we had Saturday when we fished Laugherne Island !!!
                              there was a 2m limit on both banks because the fish were spawning, there was a match the night before until 8pm on the same pool and we had 2 matches on our pool so the pool was full.To top this off it rained for the whole 5 hours lol !!!
                              65lb won our match from peg 1 and I managed second with 63lb, and on the other side only 42lb was needed to win their match.
                              Never mind still had a laugh and at least my gear is clean now lol !!!
                              What bait is best on this pond and is it all top 2 on the pole without the 2m pole restrictions? We are there on Thursday and Friday this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X