Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Arden Lakes League Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arden Lakes League Match

Arden Lakes League Match
    Oak Pool – 7 June
    1 John Dale (Miracle Baits) 257lbs 13ozs
    2 Dan Hopkins 176lbs 8ozs
    3 John Khan 171lbs 12ozs
    This was the second round of the league on Fox’s Pool and despite a very poor weather forecast there was a short rain storm mid-morning and then bright sunny conditions for those fishing. John Dale (Miracle Baits) started on the long pole before realising the fish were in the margins and then caught steadily for the rest of the match to record one of the highest match weights on Fox’s Pool.
    Mobile: 07850 453274
    Landline: 01789 292896
    Email: [email][email protected][/email]
    Web: ardenfisheries.com

how many fished this match ???

Comment

Originally posted by tunna View Post
      how many fished this match ???
      As the 4th place isn't mentioned I'd hazard a guess & say 3.

Comment

we fished it on Sunday and the top 5 weights were 64,54,54,53,53
        was a close match but fished hard.
        13 fished our match
        Steve
        Up the Villa

Comment

Originally posted by villan66 View Post
          we fished it on Sunday and the top 5 weights were 64,54,54,53,53
          was a close match but fished hard.
          13 fished our match
          cheers Steve.
          There never seems to be more than a dozen anglers fishing over the two weekend opens here. i've never been to Arden, but just wondered why people don't / won't go there ??? .

Comment

7 Fished Saturdays match, 4th - 140ib, 5th -102ib. I myself cant understand why turn out are so low as the fishing is very good. Hugh who now owns the fishery seems to be improving things so hopefully the attendances should improve.

Comment

I would guess it's down to too many fisheries and not enough anglers to go round.

For example, when I get up on a matchday there are 10+ different venues with matches that I could go to all within comfortable driving distance from my house (Brum), Arden included.

I'm not noticing enough new match anglers coming through which I think will mean that attendances will continue to be low

Comment

Matches are getting expensive with a typical match being £20,plus extra pools and bonus balls.Petrol costs,bait,your looking at possibly £40.That might not sound expensive to some high earners,but its beginning to get out of the reach of low paid workers.

Comment

Originally posted by cornerstone View Post
                  Matches are getting expensive with a typical match being £20,plus extra pools and bonus balls.Petrol costs,bait,your looking at possibly £40.That might not sound expensive to some high earners,but its beginning to get out of the reach of low paid workers.
                  Yeah i was thinking along the same lines. But other venues still get better turn outs, week in - week out.

Comment

bonus pegs definately attract anglers and keep them coing back, may be something for Hugh to consider?

Comment

Working...
                    X