Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

The Future of Angling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of Angling

Hi Guys /Galls,

Below is a picture of my grandson testing the only peg on the pond , a prime spot he has picked and what a sunny day for it, my word it takes you back a bit of sunshine on these dower days is a tonic for us all. He has just turned 7 yrs of age and is itching to go fishing, so there may be a bit of peg sharing this coming summer, I have hung onto some of my old gear for him to practise with. My son Stephen used to share a peg with me back in the 80s when we fished the Trent some years ago on our club matches, the guys had no problem with him sharing, he had his own net and his face when the weigh in came around was a picture, so I cant wait to see me grandsons face when he lands his first fish = Priceless, but these days it will be on the commercials I'm afraid which will in todays terms be a lot safer until he is of an age when the river will be more of an attractant to him. So at what age did you all start up, for me it was 12 yrs I fished with me dads mate Tom Smedley he was a member of the Parliment Oak club in Mansfield Woodhouse, I remember we fished the River Nene a lot, it really seemed massive at the time. So I will be kept busy come next year on the local ponds, and will have to capture that moment on film for all to savour. By the way there was no hook on the line to the pond these fish have never seen a hook.

Thank you for takng the time to read

Last edited by Brian G; 9 December 2006, 02:29 PM.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

My lad is 6 and he just loves fishing, but as yet he is too young and small to take him on a serious trip . i've taken him to a couple of matches but Gem has looked after/entertained him. I have taken him on our club pond and he loves it, here is one of his best fish so far. I had to land it for him but he hooked it

A nice mirror here
    [IMG][/IMG]

Here he is in action, landing a skimmer

He loves fishing the punch
    This is what he ended up with after about 1 1/2 hours, minus the carp

loads of skimmers and roach, 1 ghostie and 1 mirror. I think he's a bit spoilt

every fish on the punch over liccy

this was him at Rolfs when gem was fishing so I had to look after him

Do you think he got a bit bored
    Last edited by polepot; 9 December 2006, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Go on that's you really!!
      John - Kingfisher
      Talk Angling Senior Member
      Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Might as well have been

Comment

My grandson also seven loves a day out with me, again our clubs silver pool is ideal as it produces plenty of bites. This our Brandon taken during the Birmingham Civil Services childrens match which usuall attracts a dozen or more.

Last edited by Brian G; 9 December 2006, 10:15 AM.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Hey PP,

That is a great day out and what a star one for the future there mate, you had better watch out not be long before you are lad licked. Some great piccies mate, looks a nice venu. Love the last one they say fishing puts you in the chillout zone how true. My lad used to be snapped up before the end of the first hour, so no sarnies left he got bored till the float buried.

Thanks for sharing your pictures PP. They are the future of Angling.

><((((?>

Comment

Brian ,

Another star in the making. Hope you dont concentrate like that on Sunday.

Lovely Photo Brian.

><((((?>

Comment

The hard part is trying to get him to listen to what I'm saying, oh, and trying to get him to hold the pole still

Comment

i dont think he was bored i think he was catching to well and you took the pole off him good pics Brian.
                  In darkness we do what we can
                  In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

><((((?>

Comment

Originally posted by weldec
                      Brian found the piccy but still a bit small mate ??

><((((?>

Comment

Easy Bill before you upload the picture you can set the size, use the settings for emails you will find them below the browse button. try one in the test area the email size takes up a lot less band width than the size Polepot put up and is still pretty good.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Nice to see a young man without a hoody and Safeways carpark as his playground!!!! Nice one Brian

Comment

Nice to see the piccys, brings back memorys of myself not so long ago

Glad the young ones are experiancing the fishing scene
                            [COLOR="Magenta"][B][FONT="Arial Black"]The Minx[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/GemmaD/Banners/sig2.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                            X