Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Ultimate copying Preston - not again, surely??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate copying Preston - not again, surely??

Was just browsing the Ultimate Direct website, and came across this holdall:

http://www.ultimate-direct.co.uk/pro...l#.VDcd6Ulwb4g

which, if you ask me, looks remarkably similar to this one:

https://www.prestoninnovations.com/P...dcase-Holdall#

Now I know Ultimate don't sponsor the Barnsley Blacks any more (that was never gonna last that long was it), so the holdall won't be a new product, but I would be pretty confident that the Preston holdall was released first and after Prestons took them to court and nailed them for a lot of money over their seat box accessory range, they have got to be skating on thin ice with this one??!!
    Steve

Originally posted by spickup79 View Post
    Was just browsing the Ultimate Direct website, and came across this holdall:

http://www.ultimate-direct.co.uk/pro...l#.VDcd6Ulwb4g

which, if you ask me, looks remarkably similar to this one:

https://www.prestoninnovations.com/P...dcase-Holdall#

Now I know Ultimate don't sponsor the Barnsley Blacks any more (that was never gonna last that long was it), so the holdall won't be a new product, but I would be pretty confident that the Preston holdall was released first and after Prestons took them to court and nailed them for a lot of money over their seat box accessory range, they have got to be skating on thin ice with this one??!!
    Give person in China a fish and he will eat it,but give him rod and he can ............make it really cheap!
    HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

I think mosella might have something to say about, if it ain't got a patent I thought anyone could copy it.

http://www.mosella.co.uk/kompactholdalls.html

Comment

as long as there is just a tiny bit of difference ie not exact copy
        then there is no problem @ all
        Look @ all the New cars that are released every year 90% of them look the same !!
        Colin

Comment

It's a mosella/preston hybrid! Lol
          Well spotted Steve- bet it wouldn't last as long as a mosella- that's for sure. £60 for a snide?? Lorra money!
          Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Originally posted by paul k View Post
            It's a mosella/preston hybrid! Lol
            Well spotted Steve- bet it wouldn't last as long as a mosella- that's for sure. £60 for a snide?? Lorra money!
            Pressella! Got a nice ring to it aint it!

Comment

Originally posted by ABBO62 View Post
              Pressella! Got a nice ring to it aint it!
              If Browning,Ringers,Shimano and Preston amalgamate it woul be BrownRingShi-ton innovations!

Comment

Lol sounds chinese already clive!!
                Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                Alwight tweacle?

Comment

I've had that luggage since Feb and it's solid and I give my gear some stick. £90 posted for holdall and carryall I got it for would have paid more just for the holdall with other companies.

Comment

Ultimate copied Preston innovations,Preston innovations copied Nash tackle,Dragon carp copied Korda,and Gardner tackle with near identical products and ideas.lots of bulk items such as carryalls,rod bags,hooks,lines etc come from the same factory,and each manufacturer then brands it with its own logo.
                    Poles can be the same model,but named differently for each manufacturer as well.

if Maver had bought Preston innovations,if could have been called
                    Phils
                    Inept
                    Suggestion
                    Services.

Comment

you can look around different sites on the internet and find duplicate items, a pair of Velcro boots by Avanti on dragon carp for £18 can be bought on argos for £25 with the maver logo on

Comment

Originally posted by ABBO62 View Post
                        If Browning,Ringers,Shimano and Preston amalgamate it woul be BrownRingShi-ton innovations!
                        Got to be close to the line with that one Clive!
                        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by TIDALWAVE View Post
                          Ultimate copied Preston innovations,Preston innovations copied Nash tackle,Dragon carp copied Korda,and Gardner tackle with near identical products and ideas.lots of bulk items such as carryalls,rod bags,hooks,lines etc come from the same factory,and each manufacturer then brands it with its own logo.
                          Poles can be the same model,but named differently for each manufacturer as well.

if Maver had bought Preston innovations,if could have been called
                          Phils
                          Inept
                          Suggestion
                          Services.
                          You too mate, lol!!
                          Steve

Comment

You guys!!

I post a serious topic, and you all start taking the pee................which is exactly what I expected!!

I know there are loads of items of tackle that are generic items manufactured in vast quantities in cheapo factories and then just have different tackle companies logos stamped onto them, such as the god awful Maver pellet pump, that is also produced by Sensas and about a thousand other companies! But I actually thought the holdall in question was more or less unique to Preston - I didn't know Mosella also produced one with hardcase rod sleeves that go inside it. Got to say though, the design with the white reflective chevrons is pushing it a bit if you ask me - if that aint a blatant copy I don't know what is!!
                            Steve

Comment

Basically attachments have all descended from Octoplus stuff!
                              Before the Octoplus came out i made an adjustable pair of legs for my seat box out of some old tent pole things with the holes and spring thingys in and a couple of round discs attached at the bottom,bolted these to the sides of my box with pipe brackets and later added a rod rest that slotted in to the leg! Have to say at the age of 8 it was a pretty good effort!
                              Can still remember sitting on it down Lincomb weir by stourport catchin a few chub with mi big brother on bread flake and Cheese!
                              Mi dad said "Yo should patent that young un!" I said "nah dad i like it the colour it is!"
                              Think i could claim against Mel wilde?

Comment

Working...
                              X