Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worms

how do you look after your own worms in a bucket in your back garden

You can feed them with mashed potato (no milk or butter though )

Comment

Yes mate just plain mashed spuds.And another thing they like stale bread.
      If you want to breed a lot get something a lot bigger than a bucket

Comment

what about changing soil does it matter

Comment

And drainage what about drainage, my mate made a wormery they bred like 1 O but he did not stop them from escaping. He had a lovely lawn as well PMSL
          Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
          ><((((?>
          .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

Large Bucket or old type bin about 8" approx from bottom drill a few holes in the side then fill with gravel / pebbles than add a bag of compost then add your worms ontop old grass cuttings etc then finnish of wuth a good fitting lid

leave for 3 months to enable worms to breed then you should have a nice steady supply for the summer

Comment

thankyou very much lads can if i put gravel and grass in my bed will i breed

Comment

But is there not some form of plant feed in compost that may kill the worms ???

><((((?>

Comment

Bill I used to grow thousands of fuchsias a few years back which were fed with chemicals and would often find worms inside the pots when repotting so dont think that the chemicals to make plants grow harms them, plus the bye product of those fancy wormerys that cost £60/70 is a liquid that can be diluted to feed plants.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

are you going fishing on the south pier, vicki

Comment

nice one Brian may get me a wormery going and then I can sell them to Worm master.

><((((?>

Comment

I saw a wormary on one of john wilsons programs, It was basically a square wooden box with 2 lids, "1 at either side", This was mounted similar to that of a tombola, i.e you could rotate it. The worms would naturally after a while find their way to the bottom of the box, so you would then rotate the box, take the lid off and you would have practically neat worm at your fingertips. replace the lid until you needed worm again then rotate the box. What he didn,t say was what medium he kept the worm in or how he stocked/bread them???

Comment

Interesting concept Woody, would love to have seen that one and how they made it.

><((((?>

Comment

the usual kitchen waste is best vegatable peelings and Tea leave's work real well. To start it off half a kilo of Redworms or Dendrabina should do the best. keep the thing in a dark environment so they don't die of from extreme heat in the summer.

Comment

i tried to make a wormary but i used so much worms i empted it
                              [FONT="System"][COLOR="Black"]Matt.Ingram be the name
                              Guess who is back...
                              [COLOR="Red"]Shiamano[/COLOR]
                              [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                              X