Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

What 1 item can you not do without?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What 1 item can you not do without?

Hiya all.

As I'm putting together my new coarse kit after a bivvy life, I'd like to ask what 1 item of kit that you cannot live without?
    Maybe a terminal item, a make of pole float...........

Thanks all and a happy new year.
    put the kettle on........;)

the bait
    :D I'll fish anytime and anywhere (as you can see).:D

Comment

two legs mate,wont get very far without them!

Comment

a stick float if you can fish a stick float you can fish anything?

Comment

Mobile phone, Always rings when ya playin a fish

Comment

P.S . Mobile phones should be banned anyway on open matches and team events. Its CHEATING

Comment

so if you get a ring from your friend, you should get disqualified.

Comment

Yes!!!!

Comment

why?

Comment

but if the friend comes and stands behind you thats ok.......same difference nothing wrong with phones just saves you a walk
                    In darkness we do what we can
                    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Drennan hook tier, i dropped mine in the water once and when the hook needed changing it was effectivily the end of the match for me. All other gear i can use something else that i carry with me to carry on fishing.

I now carry 2 so it won't happen again.
                      Steve Davies

Comment

Got to be a Levapombio. removes a tiny shot with ease, and no fear of damaging the line.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Agree with Brian. I'm not one for gadgets but it's brilliant, no damage to the line, no bits of shot left after you have attempted to bite it off!

Comment

No Larry thats not ok in my book. Spectators at a distance are o.k as long as they remain spectators. It is unfair to allow verbal interaction between a competitor and A.N.OTHER other than a steward during any compertition. Each competitor is there to fish against the guys that have paid money to fish the pegs. Allowing spectators and team mates on the bank the option to impart vital information after the start of a match can and would give some anglers an unfair advantage and this could be the differance between framing or not. This is why in my opinion any and all verbal contact should and if i had my way would be banned. "If you cant win without someone elses assistance then you shouldnt be there!!.

Comment

Woody, I can see where you are coming from but bank runners have been a major part of the success of teams like Dorking and Essex County for years. In a National runners were not allowed when I fished them but in most other team matches they are. Mobile phones are allowed in practically all the opens I fish, annoying, but it isn't cheating. The Ringer clan use them all the time.
                              [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

Working...
                              X