Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Making your own floats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making your own floats

Anybody on here make their own floats?

I have made my own pellet wagglers but wouldnt want to be making them on a commercial basis as they would need to be selling at £7 a float to make it worthwile as they take me ages to make!

Anybody feels like flogging their floats through the site then please feel free - I'm quite happy to put up a page featuring them on the main site for anyone who is interested.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Just bought 17 Maver dibber floats of Ebay £16.00 sod making them.

Me mate makes floats and sells them at £0.75 and they are gooduns me duck. Know what you mean Simon takes a dedicated man to do that job but you do get quicker at it the more you do.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

hope you gonna share these dibbers Bill...17 will take you ages to get through the speed you move at there s probabley 5 years supply
      In darkness we do what we can
      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

I make some of my own but as Simon said after you have walked the streets looking for the materials and the time making them you ain't in pocket. I still make my own gudgeon floats for the cut on the whip you cannot buy them in any shop. Andy 222 usually comes round and pinches a few. We do have a old chap by us that makes them, thats all he does all day long, only charges 50/60 p each cheaper buying off him.

Comment

In the days when match fishing was the be all for me I made thousands of floats, sticks, wagglers, zoomers, canal darts, sliders, you name it I think I made them, Billy Lanes Encyclopedia of Floats and articles in Angling Times by Ivan Marks were a source of information, mind you there was a close season when they could be made, there was something special about seeing a float you had made running down the swim and burying.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Is that why you stopped making them Brian!!
            John - Kingfisher
            Talk Angling Senior Member
            Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

I stopped when I packed up fishing for a period of around 18 years, by the time I was back floats had changed out of recognition, plus all my jigs for drilling the balsa had gone missing. I keep on promising myself a day out on a river see if I can still run a stick through, I might just get one in before the close season, now where did I put that spliced tip stick rod.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

what a great book that billy lane encyclopedia was used to read it cover to cover..........

Comment

Still got and use all my wagglers I made as a youngster, same with some sliding pole floats I use for silverfish shallow.
                  I thought about knocking out some pellet wags for the summer, they look about the easiest floats to make
                  [URL="http://www.moopoo.net/category/fishing/"]Blog[/URL]
                  [URL="http://www.moopoo.net/calculator"]Shot Calculator[/URL]

Comment

Pete,

Fishing some of the snaggy margins shallow you can soon get through them mate.

Pm me your address and I will share my dibbers with you.

><((((?>

Comment

lol ...... bill i have sent a self addresed envolope have you not had it yet,,,,,it was adressed to

me duck
                      nottinghamshire

must have had it by now???

Comment

Pete ,

That could have gone anywere mate, there are a lot of meducks up here you know, Yam alright mate.PMSL

><((((?>

Comment

i buy mine kc carpas are number 1 dibbers canals paste floats pellet floats look for www.kccarpa.co.uk

Comment

my bad : Welcome to K.C. Angling's OFFICIAL KC Carpa pole float collection

Comment

I am making foam pellet wagglers at the mo, I am up for selling them if anybody is interested.
                              3 sizes 2 SSG: 3 SSG: 4 SSG:
                              I do have some listed on ebay: eBay.co.uk: Spider Pellet Waggler: Size 2 (item 290070985316 end time 21-Jan-07 14:50:14 GMT)

If anybody is interested let me know, they will be £2.00 inc postage when this listing finishes..

Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X