Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

A T lockdown update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A T lockdown update.

STATEMENT FROM THE ANGLING TRUST ON THE NATIONAL LOCKDOWN RULES IN ENGLAND
    The regulations have now been published and confirm this evening’s message from the Cabinet Office that the Government have taken the decision that fishing will not be permitted during this national lockdown period. Whilst this is disappointing news I would ask anglers, fisheries and clubs to respect these rules and the reason they have been put in place; to help save lives and support the NHS.
    Individuals should not go fishing from midnight tonight (5th Jan) and clubs and fisheries should close their waters to anglers. We will be publishing more detailed guidance on specific areas like bailiffing and fishery maintenance once the Government regulations have been published.
    Over past few weeks we have been in communication with the Government at the highest possible level. We have presented a strong case on how fishing could continue safely during the third national lockdown. We have explained that fishing benefits physical health and mental wellbeing and that it is regularly the only form of activity individuals undertake. You can read our representations to Cabinet Ministers here -
    https://anglingtrust.net/.../Angling-and-outdoor...
    My team and I have consistently presented the arguments ahead of the changing government guidelines, which have allowed fishing to remain permitted continuously since the first national lockdown was lifted in May. We have been successful when other sports have not as all anglers will know.
    However, with 60,000 new infections announced today the Government have taken the decision that leaving home for recreation or leisure, including all forms of recreational fishing, should be prohibited in England during this third national lockdown period.
    I thank you for your support and for being a credit to our sport. As members, you can rest assured that the Angling Trust will continue to represent our sport at the highest level and will present proposals for the resumption of angling when it is safe and sensible to do so. We will come through this period of national crisis. We will fish again, but until then, please, stay safe.
    Jamie Cook - CEO Angling Trust
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Just seen this myself
    Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Miserables - Victor Hugo

Comment

Absolute joke !!

Comment

No its not a joke Covid is real how many more need to die.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Update from AT https://anglingtrust.net/covid-19/

So angling is considered to be an exercise. Well done AT for approaching the government to get this through.

Comment

We can debate it forever...fact is the figures they are giving, and you are seeing, is for people who have died WITH Covid and not as a direct result of...A few interesting figures to put your minds at ease....Figures up to Dec 2020
            1: The average age of a person dying with Covid is 82.
            2: Healthy people under the age of 60 with no underlying health problems dying with Covid 44.
            3: Healthy children dying from Covid 0
            4: People dying with flu in 2020 was down nearly 90%
            5: People dying with Cancer in 2020 down 73%
            Why do you think 4 and 5 are so low ? ....It's because the figures they are telling us about Covid are False and are incorporating virtually any death that's recorded ...as a matter of fact over the last 5yrs there is no difference in the amount of deaths this year compared to any other..It's just now they put everyone in the same Covid pot...disgraceful.

Comment

Rob I guess you will not be having the vaccine then, nor do you have any underlying medical conditions, well my old mate you are lucky. Why have we had a vaccine developed because you reckon its all bull shine, why has the government spent loads af money purchasing said vaccines. I am off for my jab at my doctors surgery on Sunday morning, when was the last time you seen a doctor on a Sunday, my guess is never.

Comment

I'm not saying it's bull....i'm saying it's no more destructive than Flu..figures back that up...and certainly not so bad to close the country down...I have top trump on health issues, but I will still pass the opportunity of the jab to give it to someone more needy/or a believer...Suicide rates, Mental Health Issues, Stress, Depression, Family Abuse are all on the up purely because of pointless Lockdowns that don't work..You are correct on one point though...I haven't seen a doctor this year because of Covid, You cannot get an appointment!!.however if I want a Video Call from one I can...that's not quite the same though....Isn't it rather odd that they can find a cure in 9 months...yet in all of history they couldn't find a cure the Common Cold...Be careful of Placebo

Comment

Originally posted by Brian G View Post
                  Update from AT https://anglingtrust.net/covid-19/

So angling is considered to be an exercise. Well done AT for approaching the government to get this through.
                  This has cheered me up no end as I would of just ended up staying in the house alone and therefore letting my mental and physical health (can’t go to the gym) suffer until this lockdown ended
                  Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Miserables - Victor Hugo

Comment

Yes you would be amazed at the amount of exercise/movement involved in a few hours fly fishing or waggler fishing...just need to get rid of -11 degrees now !!

Comment

Working...
                    X