Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Buying Tackle on net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Tackle on net

Hi all, I am fairly new to buying tackle on the net and I wondered if anyone has ever made a purchase from Anglers Emporium, Hamilton. South Lanarkshire. If so I would be grateful to learn of your experience. Ta

No m8 not from them but have bought off other sites never had any trouble but i have started bying from local shop as the credit crunch hits us all he is matching internet prices.Have you tried youre local shop.

Comment

internet

i have bought a lot of tackle of e-bay but you have to be careful they try to sting you on postage
      work is for people who cant fish---i want a job

Comment

Originally posted by billyno4 View Post
        i have bought a lot of tackle of e-bay but you have to be careful they try to sting you on postage
        you'll also find that some of the ebay stuff is fake....especially the floats.

I'd stick to your local tackle shop.....they will do you the same deals with a bit of talking. When you're a regular, you'll get a regular discount....plus, we need to keep the little shops running!

Comment

Re buying tackle on the net

Thanks mate , would love to buy stuff from my local tackle shop but they shut down ,nearest one 15 miles. I asked the question cause I bought a pole roller from this place over a month ago and haven't heard another thing. I think I have been ripped off and wondered if anyone had suffered a similar fate

Comment

how did you pay

Originally posted by Marlin61 View Post
            Thanks mate , would love to buy stuff from my local tackle shop but they shut down ,nearest one 15 miles. I asked the question cause I bought a pole roller from this place over a month ago and haven't heard another thing. I think I have been ripped off and wondered if anyone had suffered a similar fate
            have you been in touch with them,have they taken payment ?
            Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

Ripped off

Well mate I paid by Pay Pal lucky for me cause they have managed to get my money back. Also my credit card company would probably have done the same. It made me angry to think I ordered stuff from a company advertising on the net and then they ignored all my attempts to contact them, obviously scam artists. I wont be buyin anything fro Anglers Emporium, Hamilton Scotland again thats for sure

Comment

if u put the name of the tackle shop in google or other search engines they most likely have a web site anyway

Comment

tackle on net

i have used a few leigh tackle was supperb,and i have just spoken to nathens of derby about an item i ordered fri and it will be with me tomorrow,they was very helpfull.i have to admit not all tackle shops are helpfull ,i use 2 local to me,one wont knock a penny off,and i was even told i had to buy 5 yes 5 no 4s for my pole as he couldnt order them seperatley,i even used to fish for the tackle shops team years back.the other shop i use is a bit fiurther away the person who runs it is a grumpy git and gets the right hump if you go in and tell him you have brought something of the net,when i was earning good money and buying everything new in his shop including seat boxes etc he was okay,now its the credit crunch he dont help as much.i must add he has the owners son work in the shop who is a lazy sod,but the other person who works really does help,and if he run the shop as he had his own once,the shop would do better than its sister shop in barnet.....................................

Comment

You could try DjS Tackle Online Carp Talk - Fishing Tackle Bargains & Baits, you'll be glad you found us Stockist Angling Technics, Garland Stockist - just posted another thread about them. they are advertising in carpwolrd this month and I have had a barrow, some bait and end tackle from them. Really good customer service - you can also pay via paypal with them. My barrow and stuff was delivered within a couple of days of the order placed. I have gone back again as I find them more helpful than my local tackle shop and a lot better prices. They manufacture their own stuff - so I guess you will get good service as they are putting their business at risk otherwise.

Comment

I have also bought some stuff from the states. Good quality - just slow on delivery but again - you take the risk of it never turning up!

Comment

Working...
                      X