Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Avon made navigable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avon made navigable

Hi all

Did anyone watch the Waterworld programme on ITV tonight ? They were talking about a campaign to make the Avon navigable between Stratford and Warwick by building new locks and deepening the shallow sections.
    Do we really need this ?

This is a difficult one for me. The river Avon was once my favorite river, and I have always hoped that one day it would return to its former glory. During recent years it has declined however, and there have been times when I've suggested jokingly that it should be filled with concrete and a white ,line painted down the middle.
    More recently it has shown signs of making a comeback, and if it did I would be happy to return more often with the stick float and waggler rods in hand. (I have booked a match on the Avon this year! )
    I can only imagine that depening and dredging and building of locks would have a detremental effect upon the fishing and also the other wildlife that inhabit the riverbanks and surrounding area.

Comment

(I have booked a match on the Avon this year! )

We have 3 booked this year and if I enjoy them as the 2 last year I will be well chuffed,a change from the puddles

Comment

Working...
      X