Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

1 bream & off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 bream & off

thanks for all your advice on my earlier post.put hemp down ,feedered 8 or 9 times without hook bait,put in sweetcorn red maggots casters for loose feed .caught nice bream first cast but after that only caught one more bream about hour later .after 5 hours only had few perch and roach.went again yesterday & the same happened again.
    am i scaring off bream ,read somewhere if you catch bream straight off your in for a bad day,what can i do ?

Hi m8 did you carry on filling your feeder when recasting after baiting up cos bream can eat an awful lot of feed and you need to keep them in your swim by constantly filling your feeder.I usually wait about five minuites after baiting up and if nothing reel in re fill feeder and re bait and i keep doing this until bream start to take the hook bait.But i always carry on filling the feeder on every cast.Oh yea did you clip up and cast to same spot every time.

Comment

You did well to catch 2 bream.(Eventually) Whenever I catch them, they're ALWAYS in a shoal of 1.
      Last edited by tackle tart; 13th July 2009, 06:57 PM.
      I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

try baiting up a few swims but accuracy is the key when you have found them. try using dead maggots because they dont dissapear in to the silt a good bed of hemp and pellets with castors and chopped worm, keep the bait going in altornate between 3 or 4 swims if nothing on 1 swim for 10 min try another and find the fish also if feeder fishing let them hook therselves let the tip go right round before striking as line bites are common with bream and you dont want to spook them

Comment

yes i did put clip on and found it ideal for accuracy ,also put bed of hemp down first and refilled feeder every cast.was geting slight movements on tip now and then presumed they are line bites or fish knocking feeder and as one reply said i couldnt miss bream bites the tip moves a mile.
          there are 2 islands in the park i fish should i get feeder as close as possible to em ?

Comment

i tend to find bream in the open water but every place is differnt all i tend to get off the islands wher i fish is carp its hit and miss with bream i find if you hit on them and hold them its a bonus

Comment

tackle tart do you know of a private pool in lapworth ,i think its called tunnel barn.
              have tried to get some info but search not coming up with anything.maybe got name wrong ,i know tunnel in name.

Comment

do you mean [Tunnel barn farm] thats name of a fishery look for it on uk fisherys

Comment

well i dont know then mate maybe you could try a different ground bait i use green swimstim with micro pellets added and thats it nout else.You could add some flavour mollases is my favourite if i do use it now and again.just a couple of drops to water mix and then add water to grounbait make sure it,s sweet mollases.Or you could try scopex thats very sweet. and thats it from me. Hope this helps.Oh ye what i did when i first started fishing for bream on the feeder is i went and watched an experienced feeder angler that only fished a feeder and sat and watched him for a few ours and learnt how to feeder fish that way.Maybe you could try that if you know someone.Th,Th,Th,Th, Thats all folks,L.O.L.P.s keep us posted on your feeder fishing let us know how you are progressing .

Comment

Personally I wouldnt put hemp down for Bream, if you know that there are a load of bream in a particular venue I would go there the night before and ball in at least 20 -30 big balls of GB laced with a couple of pints of casters - when you go back the next day it should be alot more productive. And others are right in what they say, probably best to throw in the deeper water away from the island.
                    Simon Young
                    Admin
                    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Working...
                    X