Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Nathan Watson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nathan Watson

For the record I do not know Nathan and have never spoken to him.

I have read the various threads on various sites and cant believe the amount of criticism he is receiving.

Nathan is a previous winner and one of a few multiple qualifiers for the Fisho finals and has probably approached each final in the same way. I also believe that had he drawn peg 16 (Not the most favoured peg at the draw) this time he would not have done anything different apart from winning!.

Had Nathan won this time what would Keith A had said about his preparation then!

Nathan isone of the first to offer advice to anyone requiring information on methods and venues and I hope that this continues.

In my opinion enough as been said on the subject on the TF site so lets leave it alone and rise above it, this is the best site out there with friendly advise etc lets keep it that way.
    Steve Davies

Comment

Thanks for that and you are right Mark, I would not have done things differently if I'd drawn a flyer.

Comment

it seems to me that they havnt got nothing better to talk abt on total fishing ,,, NO MORE,,,,,,,,, seems to be the odd few who talk a good match that keep on abt it ,,,,,,
        anybody would think you have commited a crime NATH,,,
        ( ive never heard so much scrotams )

Comment

Nathan, please go to confession and say 20 hail mary's.
          Simon Young
          Admin
          Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
          web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Well its certainly all got a little out of hand
            [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
            [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
            [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

I agree with you 100%, Nathan has been there, done it and got the t shirt.
              He does not need to explain himself to anyone and if he was on peg 16 he would have won as well!
              Come on you Spurs!

Comment

stuff em nath,,id av done the same matey,,,
                and for the record mr aurthur if you use this site ,,,!!
                your peggin plan was crap..only way its ever gunna be fair is if its a perfect circle!!
                he made a comment about it being funny that peg 16 always seems to win fisho,,,,
                "DOH" thats cos peg 16 always seems to be an end peg you numpty!!!
                :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

Leaky your post borders on being a flamming post not really needed, have your opinion by all means but dont let this thread degenerate into a shambles as has happened elsewhere.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

All i will say on the matter is that i think Mr Aurthur & CO have done more damage to themselves by the way they have slagged nathan off in public , any problems should have been put in a letter and sent to nathan rather than washing their clothes in public . I know that if i was their employer , i wouldn't of been to impressed by there actions , there is a time and a place for these things and it isn't on a forum , rise above it springs to mind

Comment

agree with mark. nathan is the first to offer advise to anyone..................supanath !!!!!!!!!!
                      proline match products

Comment

Sorry brian,,,just get the feeling the fisho'e gunna get a change of name soon,,,summat like the keith aurthur cup,,,!
                        sounds like he wants it all his own way,,i spoke to noely klineberg (owner of hayfield) and some of the things she told me lowered my estimations of certain people organising the comp...
                        sour grapes you may think,,what with fisho being moved to cudmore,,,,,
                        but according to her she told them to find another venue because of how she was being spoken to by said people!!!
                        and this was along time before anyone knew fisho was being moved !!!!
                        apparenlty she was shot down in flames when she suggested it be swithced to 4 banks instead of 3!!!
                        neil machins views where that hayfield was and should still be the real home of fisho and just needed pegging correctly!
                        this too was done on tight lines,,, ! never seen someone change a subject so quickly and mr machin seemed to realize as he went a little red faced!!!
                        and finally,,, someone quite close to the fisho and sky sports is apparently grooming his own fishery and fuly intends to make it the full time home of fisho!!!!
                        takes the glitter off the comp a bit when you think about it!!!
                        :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

Leaky sorry mate all of what you have posted is heresay.
                          The fact of the matter is Fisho is a match run by Matchroom and needs Sky to promote it no doubt Keith Arthur is involved at some part of the planning stage, it may even be his initial idea, the fact of the matter is that without Sky involvement the match would not be as big as it is or attract sponsorship. Just look at how Sky dictates to football when matches can be played to the extent that there are very few Premier League games that kick off on a Saturday at 3pm.
                          No commercial fishery has a divine right to a Fisho final and indeed Hayfield was not the first venue to be chosen, without doubt some one somewhere will attempt to develop a better facility than Cudmore in terms of the abilty to remove the end peg scenario, and provide better viewing facilities, face facts its needed and all power to the people that attempt it.
                          Pegging is always an issue and we have all been guilty of being more capable than the guy that pegged our last match where we caught nowt or very little, I have lost count of the times I have heard he could not peg washing. I know for a fact that Neil Machin was more than happy with his peg when he won it which if my memory serves me correct was of an end peg.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

bri who wouldn't be happy with a winning peg mate,,think you misunderstood what i said,,, he beleived hayfield was a good enough venue and perhaps was pegged unfairly in order for the general public to want it to be moved!!!! which may have been the plan all along,,,something mr machin saw but unwittingly said directly to a certain person without thinking!!!
                            do you get what i mean!
                            Last edited by Leaky Lloyd; 21 July 2009, 10:11 PM.

Comment

missng the point all together now this thread,,,,,
                              nath,,,,,you da man,,,
                              keep up the good work you do for this site matey and pay no attention!!!!

ps,, thanks for the info you gave me on fishing paste in a sloping peg,,,,
                              finished 4th out of 60 by the way,,,
                              cheers fella!

Comment

Working...
                              X