Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

types of elastic lubricant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• types of elastic lubricant

what else can i use , other than standard slip and tackle shop stuff? does baby oil ruin your elastic? cheers ..
    :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

go to a car spares shop mark an buy a bottle of son of a gun its abuoy 4 quid and it is brilliant a bottle will last u at least 3 seasons take a look and let me know what u think--cheers billy
    work is for people who cant fish---i want a job

Comment

Yeh, I like that but the last 2 bottles I've bought, the top has come undone in my bag and I've lost it all! Have to superglue the lid on! To be honest though, waer from the lake is as good as owt most of the time.

Comment

water is all i use

Comment

sun of a gun its the b....x mate you can keep addin water to it wen your runnin low makes it last a bit longer mate try it
          [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

cheers guys, have just realised that i have some in the cupboard. it was with some fishing gear i bought i while ago.

Comment

Just water from the river or lake

I think baby oil is petroleum jelly based I would imagine in time that would rot the laccy
              [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
              [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
              [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Baby oil

P.M Chris V i think he may have some baby oil left over from his previous employment!
                HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Originally posted by mark(wilf) williams View Post
                  cheers guys, have just realised that i have some in the cupboard. it was with some fishing gear i bought i while ago.
                  Deffo Son of a Gun for me, the best around.

Comment

the label had rubbed off, and i was not sure what it was. i was using it to clean my seatbox. gives a great shine.... oops.

Comment

Lubricants are all ok whilst your on the bank the next time you use the pole you need more because the elastic sticks, it gets worse every time you use it. lube atracts all the dirt & dries in your top kit, best to use just water & rinse your top kits when you get home.
                      I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                      He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Just lake water as previously said

Comment

Working...
                        X