Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Griff rhys Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griff rhys Jones

Just read an article in this evenings local paper ( Express & Star) were this ar**hole, has filmed a programme for the bbc traveling all the rivers of the midlands, by canoe, whingeing about the rights of boaters, being taken away, by fishing clubs and landowners, where they have to ask permission to pass through sections of river owned by clubs, he is said to quote " All boaters should disturb as many anglers as possible on passing, ruining there chances of catching.

i went on E&S web site, but story not on there, so could not copy for you to read.

another so called big big name knocking fishing.
    anyone else read it

It's also in the Sun today, just another pillock trying to make a come back.
    The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others

Comment

Is anyone surprised?

More liberal minded crap from the oxbridge BBC elite!
      This programme will have cost us the licence payer several million to produce. Dont waste your time here, get everyone to complain to the BBC!

Go to their website and click on the links there. Unless we bombard them, we get what we deserve?

Interesting to notice the silence from the Angling Trust, our supposed agents of defence in incidents like this.
      Discuss
      Can't catch enough.....

Comment

what a plonker can i ask cause i ain sure do boaters or half wits in a canoe actualy pay to paddle down a river or use the rivers cause they all seem to forget that we anglers pay alot of money each year in license fees and peg money to fish these rivers which in turn the enviroment agency looks after our rivers, stops polution and anglers each year go out in the close season to do bank clearing to look after river bank there is so much our money does to keep the rivers in the good conditions they am, if anglers didnt do as much as they do the rivers would be dead with companys polluting the rivers, there wouldn't be any wildlife yet idiots like griff the p&&&k jones and the bbc shud do some reasch to see where our money goes instead of slating fishermen all the time griff why dont you try walkin across a river lets see you sink and see how long you can hold ya breath for not!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Last edited by hurricane; 23 December 2011, 11:03 AM.
        [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

hope this works
          https://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/for...ess/television

Comment

oi griff nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o
            Last edited by hurricane; 23 December 2011, 11:04 AM.
            Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such.

Homer J Simpson.

Comment

Wait till it is ahown on Sunday and see if the angling trust get a say in the program if not then bombard the sods at the BBC just googled it and there are a few papers other than the sun caring the story inc a establishment paper the telegraph. think we could have some good allies in this
              A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work?????:p:eek:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

if that bloke had an ounce of brain he would be dangerous,prize pr##t

Comment

whats the program called lads
                  [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

the man with no brain

Comment

There will be NO comment let alone part of the programme for thw ANGLING TRUST. They have failed at the first hurdle to deal with an angling issue in a national forum. Little more than the NFA rebranded, and why wouldnt it be, its the same people with a new boss!

One side point, Griff doesnt mention how his mates the royal family have miles of river and thousands of acres of land that no one can use! just anglers. And the BBC simply allow this kind propaganda to be broadcast unchecked.

All this within 10 weeks of the Robson Green incident, you would have thought that the Angling Trust might have been prepared for the next incident with the BBC, obviously not!

Missed opportunities I think?
                      Can't catch enough.....

Comment

Silver surfer i have just been on your link to BBC and wrote a really long winded complaint. I urge all T.A members to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by silver surfer View Post
                          Top man silver surfer for that link. They've just had my fourpennath.
                          I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

Originally posted by vidas View Post
                            whats the program called lads
                            It's called " Rivers with Griff Rhys Jones". It's on BBC 1 at 9pm Sunday 26th July.
                            I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

Left my long winded letter to them on their site and told them what I think of that prat Jones, don't suppose I will get a reply though.
                              The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others

Comment

Working...
                              X