Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

cormorant in my swim yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cormorant in my swim yesterday

Started fishing in my local club water yesterday and after about an hour a cormorant started to feed in my swim clapped my hands and scared it but it just swam down the pool to the other end and then when i started getting bites it came back and proceeded to eat fish large ones at that .it was there all day i tried everything to scare it off without succes didn,t catch all day neither did anyone else.I have informed a commitee member and he is going to yes shoot it as it just wont f*** off.Well Peed off.

You not got a catapult mate?
    [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

i had one in my peg down whiteacres about 5 years ago, was fishing the match and pegged on acorn lots of us on there and the thing just kept swimming round the island eating fish, i even hit it with my pole a couple of times. as it went under the water by the island swim i was fishing you could see the fish scatter a total waste of 5 hours.

Comment

Ye i have catty wot would i do fire pellets at it so it could eat more fish attracted by pellets.L.O.L

Comment

I,m afraid only thing to do with them is yes im going to say it again shoot them

Comment

The answer is to stop eating fish and chips

Sadly its now a big problem its not going to go away untill such time the law is changed, as a fishery owner it is unrealistic to only be able to shoot a handfull a year,
            [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
            [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
            [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]
            [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

cheers justin i know alot of you are going to say it,s cruel to sh0ot it but no other choice i,m afraid at least it,s only one and not more.

Comment

I had a grebe in my peg last weekend, he was merrily going down every so often, spooking the feeding fish and somtimes comming up with a small roach or blade skimmer.

There I was, fishing away and the float positivley went under, definatley not a line bite (I was fishing paste) and lifted into what I thought was a fish. the 'fish' kited round to the left and a few seconds later up popped this f**king grebe, hooked squarley in its left leg!

It was no match for balck hydro on a pulla (!) and i managed to net him, bit my lip (they are scary looking b'stards up close, their beak looks dead sharp!), grabed the bird and unhooked it. it pecked at me a few times but as it was raining i had me jacket on and neoprene gloves so I took it like a man. I asked the chap next do if they count? He said no. I wasn't too disappointed as it did feel hollow so doubt it would have weighted much

The good thing was, he didn't bother me for the rest of the session.

Comment

Funnily enough, the club I'm in is called Grebe Angling Club!

Comment

what u need for that is rock hard boilies and a catapolt lol a guy at chestnut pool fishery in langford was firering boilies at a rat and killed it our right it was so funy u gota do it anywyas hope this helps

Comment

only one way to get rid of a cormorant......blow its bloody head off.
                      talk anglings villiage idiot:p

Comment

Right mate

Comment

kill em

Comment

cormorants

I find a 12bore with steel/load dos the trick

Comment

y dont you just net and dump it some were else at a pool which ay got fish in like a puddle lol

Comment

Working...
                              X