Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

what hooks do u use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what hooks do u use

what hook do u use wht make and model and eyed or spade
    :DFishinG Is GooD,CatchinG Is BetteR:D

i prefer to use spade ends for the small fish i.e. roach, perch, rudd and bream then eyed hooks for barbel, carp and tench
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
    [url]http://carpsmart.net/ourshop/prod_957389-MARINE-SUPREME-10kg.html[/url]

Comment

Itend to use eyed hooks more and more as i often band/hair rig my baits nowadays. I really like the kamasan b911 in sizes 10,12,14 and 16. mainly using them most in a 16 for the pellet waggler and up in the water pole fishing when banding pellets.
      On the method when fishing for big carp i did use preston pr36's in a 12 or 14 but suffered two hooks straighten out on me during the last match i fished which has made me loose confidence in them I now use kamasan animals or fox series match 2's for' beast' fishing and paste.

Comment

A very good angler I know suggested I try Tubertini 808's - I'm no expert but first impression/use was very good - didn't have a brilliant day (there's a pettern developing here somewhere ) but at least l didn't lose any of the fish l did hook.

Comment

For hair rigging I use eyed Fox series 2 in size 20 or occassionally 18 for proper carp, Kamasan B911 eyed for F1s. For hooking baits like maggot, expanders or corn in the winter I use the B911 spade and for Worm or anything else I don't want to hair rig in the summer with heavy I use the Drennan Carp feeder barbless spade. Might switch to the eyed version or Fox extra strong as 1 of my knots slipped off last week!

Comment

Working...
          X