Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

advice on top 2's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on top 2's

Im after a bit of advice on my maver resolution pole,just wondering if the top 2 are telescopic or take apart.And also how can you tell which is the cupping kit when you get a load of spares in your pole holdall,this might sound as if im thick its just i havent used a pole for a year or so,so i have forgotten which is which.

the top 2s would be take apart if they are power tops,
    Matt Smith
    Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

yeah there power tops

Comment

in that case they will definalty be take apart! about the cupping kit i would expect the sections to have writting on them? saying which are which! but if not the cupping kit would be the one that is different to the rest, possibly slightly heavier due to the extra strength needed
        Matt Smith
        Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

just had a luck on maver site they say the power top 2's are telescopic

Comment

If they're intended to be telescopic they you probably can't fit the number 1 over the number 2. Or can you!!?
            John - Kingfisher
            Talk Angling Senior Member
            Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

it does go over but when you take them apart you cant fit them into the plastic tube

Comment

You can either purchase topkit tubes from Preston Innovations that have a divider in them which prevents the alestic from being chaffed on the ends of the top kit, or do as I do and use a rod tube and fit a Doobry between the ends and the elastic a rod tub will hold around 4 or 5 top kits.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

i don't know if i'm to late for this conversation, but when i brought my maver resolution it came with 1 tele top 3, and 3 top power 2's, one of the top 2's you can turn into the cupping kit if you want too, or if you want or you can keep it as a power top. i know thats it's annoying that they don't say what tops are which but i hope thats of some help
                  :D I'll fish anytime and anywhere (as you can see).:D

Comment

Brian. What's a doobry!?
                    John - Kingfisher
                    Talk Angling Senior Member
                    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

one of the spare kits is longer and thicker than the other two which must be the cupping kit, one of the power tops is about an inch shorter than the other one,does anybody else have this problem.
                      When i went on the maver site it says the power kits are telescopic so im abit confused,do i use the power tops as telescopic or doesnt it matter?

Comment

Corky ,

Its a good thing to have them all the same length for obvious reasons. My Maver Top three's are put over and I use a doobry as well to protect my elastic, try them all as put overs and see if they are all the same length or telescopic and see if there the same length, cupping kit should be slightly heavier due to rigidity.
                        Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
                        ><((((?>
                        .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

Working...
                        X