Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

best tactic for....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best tactic for....

modern day commercial fishery's, i have the most success fishing the margins and fishing pellet feeder to an island or feature.

what do you think the best tactic is for bagging on commercial fishery's?
    <>< West Midlands angler <><

Depends on the fishery but fishing up in the water on the long pole or waggler with pellets works well at most places through the warmer months.

Comment

Have to agree with nathan, i find meat up in the water works very well.
      Double Ton

Comment

Originally posted by young_match_fisher View Post
        modern day commercial fishery's, i have the most success fishing the margins and fishing pellet feeder to an island or feature.

what do you think the best tactic is for bagging on commercial fishery's?

?Where is this great venue.. The Margins... sounds like a good fishery..lol..no seriously people talk of Margins..?so where would you be fishing if you where fishing the so called ..Margins..Hope this does'nt sound like a stupid ??? from a newbie.

Comment

i mean the marginal self, like 30cm - 1m from the bank to the left or side, there good fish holding spots, the bigger lumps usually feed close in i find.
          <>< West Midlands angler <><

Comment

Originally posted by young_match_fisher View Post
            i mean the marginal self, like 30cm - 1m from the bank to the left or side, there good fish holding spots, the bigger lumps usually feed close in i find.
            Ok ymf get what you mean now ,allthough i allways thought that the bigger lumps liked the deeper water,how wrong am i.

Comment

I find using a pellet waggler and a few pellets fed about every 2mins works on warmer days.(re cast every time you feed as the 'splash' from the waggler seems to attract the carp).
              And try the margins later in the day with strong pole tactics after steadily feeding the area throughout the day
              If heaven doesn't allow fishing, I aint going !!

Comment

i tend to favour the margins as i struggle trying to fish any longer than 13 meters so tend to go lump hunting

Comment

when im not fishing the margins i always make sure i still feed there and go for the bonus fish later on in the session
                  I aint that good but i'll always catch em

Comment

Working...
                  X