Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Magazines & advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazines & advice

OK we all read the mags when they hit the shelves.
    But how many of us fall into the trap of:
    This bait will catch you more fish,
    This Rod will improve your catch rate,
    This new gimmick will put more fish in your net!!
    And when you look at the photo at the end of the article, it is ALL one brand on show??
    A certain mag I have in mind even lists ALL the terminal tackle listed at the end of the article with a total cost!!
    What I am trying to say is.. If I was daft....The Kit they recommended last time is rubbish and I need to go out and spend another £300+ to catch fish!!
    Thank God I keep things simple and after a 15 year break and picking up on old tactics I entered my first open match last week and didn't win, but came 4th overall (out of 40) and got a section win!!
    The magazines are a good read but tend to lead a lot of people down the wrong path!!
    Keep it simple and enjoy!!
    If heaven doesn't allow fishing, I aint going !!

To be fair most of us know how the mags work, but it is easy to get dragged in, sponsered anglers need to be promoting their sponser otherwise they will be dropped, some of the manufacturers are paying big bucks for thier slots, agressive advertising is great for short term sales, the products themselves determine elongevity.

The best place by far for tackle and bait advise is either on the bank or here.

However not all products are rammed down your throat, it seems to be mainly the big three, there are many smaller companies that let their bait and tackle do the talking. You just have to make your own mind up, try try and try again untill your happy with products.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by hustler View Post
      OK we all read the mags when they hit the shelves.
      But how many of us fall into the trap of:
      This bait will catch you more fish,
      This Rod will improve your catch rate,
      This new gimmick will put more fish in your net!!
      And when you look at the photo at the end of the article, it is ALL one brand on show??
      A certain mag I have in mind even lists ALL the terminal tackle listed at the end of the article with a total cost!!
      What I am trying to say is.. If I was daft....The Kit they recommended last time is rubbish and I need to go out and spend another £300+ to catch fish!!
      Thank God I keep things simple and after a 15 year break and picking up on old tactics I entered my first open match last week and didn't win, but came 4th overall (out of 40) and got a section win!!
      The magazines are a good read but tend to lead a lot of people down the wrong path!!
      Keep it simple and enjoy!!

im sure your the exact same hustler of whom has just purchased a

Preston Innovations X4S Seatbox (£314.99)
      Daiwa SR4 Pole (£699.00)

Falling into their traps are we ??
      [CENTER][B][U]Fishing is a lifestyle, not a hobby !![/U][/B][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]:)[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by reeceovsheff View Post
        im sure your the exact same hustler of whom has just purchased a

preston innovations x4s seatbox (£314.99)
        daiwa sr4 pole (£699.00)

falling into their traps are we ??
        lmao
        If heaven doesn't allow fishing, I aint going !!

Comment

It is human nature to believe the last positive thing you hear, so if someone who seems to know what they are talking about tells you that a maver pole is better than a diawa pole, then chances are, if you have the money ready, you will likely buy the maver pole. Magazine reviews are written by people we all believe to know what they are talking about !
          [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Working...
          X