Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Ducks !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducks !!!

Is it good or bad for ducks to swim over your fished area....is it likely to spook the fish or is it likely for the fish to feel more confident due to the ducks swimming over your swim ??

Does it not affect the fish at all as they are used to them swimming over the top of them ??

Or is it advisable to try to deter the ducks from your swim as best as possible ??

[CENTER][B][U]Fishing is a lifestyle, not a hobby !![/U][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]:)[/CENTER]

If you got ducks on the waggler or bomb line the chances are your feeding correctly

I think they disturb the angler more than the fish

unless the ducks are 8 stone with a razor bill then both
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

ducks

Hi . when i hive been fishing dogbiscuts and flloating breard ihave seen carp take the bait just as the duck was going to have it so now i encurage the s;

Comment

i dont think the ducks do disturbe the fish unless they actually land in your swim then they would possibly spook them.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

on certain venues ducks can kick start your swim for you especially if they dive for your bait and are clouding the water boldings is one venue you can catch carp right next to the ducks although a lot of anglers there used to moan about it. it some times was a race to get the ducks feeding in your peg then worry about the fish you could see big fish following the ducks around on some pools i would never shoo the ducks away unless you where fishing floating baits of course.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE=6][COLOR=#ff0000]Phil's Tackle[SIZE=5][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url]http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/index.html[/url]

Comment

Your right there Jason have seen blokes at Boldings actually feed the ducks from
            the off before putting bait in for the fish

Comment

Best thing is to throw a slice of bread a few metres from the bank, then when the ducks come to get it shoot the B*^$%£*"s. I hate ducks.

Comment

cheers lads for the input.. its just that, on 1 venue i fish ...the spot i fish into is only about 18" to the bottom and its a great spot i have lots of carp out of this spot rain or shine and i felt iffy about letting the ducks go anyhwere near the swim because of the depth but now from the advice given i will gladely let them swim around on top and even entice them in, with a few floating baits and hopefully encourage more fish into the swim !!
                [CENTER][B][U]Fishing is a lifestyle, not a hobby !![/U][/B][/CENTER]
                [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
                [CENTER]:)[/CENTER]

Comment

I have no problems with ducks swimming about in open water whilst fishing pole or feeder etc but fishing and feeding down the margins can become a nightmare with ducks diving down to eat the feed.

Also are you like me and find that whilst fishing the biggest lake around with ONE duck on it, out of 50+ anglers within seconds the thing will be in your peg. I find this with swans too and they seem to be my best friends at the moment.

Comment

I hate ducks!!!

I fish at Wassel grove fisheries on the specimen pool. The ducks on there are a pain in the f*****g a**e when fishing on waggler but I found fishing on a pole deters them. When on the waggler, me my dad and everyone fishing with me caught at least one little duckling. Stupid b******s

Comment

Working...
                    X