Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pellet Waggler made EASY!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pellet Waggler made EASY!!!!!

First of all the tackle, i set myself up with a 11ft Preston Carbon Active rod perfect for the job, i fish in conjunction with a daiwa whisker reel (which i prefer) because of it's winding power. loaded with korum 8Ib mainline. I use a mushroom float made by premier because it makes maximum sound which attracts the fish, a size 12 circle guru hook (new range) with a hair of about an inch baited up with an 8mm pellet. A strong catty is needed when fishing the pellet waggler because you are constantly firing out the feed pellet, last time i used a drennan team england catty which was not good for the tactic as i was casting out about 30 yards so i then bought a drennan feeda pult which was absolutely perfect. the feed pellet that i use are just standard 8mm trout or coarse pellet. About attaching the float on the line ...... i use a preston pellet waggler attachment.

The skill behind it is very simple tbh. you have to be 100% comfortable otherwise you wont be confident and therefore wont catch, i always use a telescopic preston feeder rest which is set up at an angle to my right about 45 degrees exactly how u would fish with the feeder. the reason for that is that u have a self hooking effect, and the fish littterally pulls the rod in LOL!! . First of all i turn up to the lake and sort out my gear (rod already made up in hardcase) and cast out a couple of times to get used to casting the required distance.. then i start to feed until i see fish responding to the feed and then i cast out and bag up ... but thats not it all you have to keep yourself into a rythm like... Feeding 5 pellets then cast out fire again then twitch the bait hopefully catch a fish... if there is no bites ill twitch again until it's away from the feeding zone ... then ill start again ... simple for some ppl on the other hand hard to get used to for others... luckily i got used to it the first day.

Tight Lines for all that try this method in the sumer months . Johnathan Kew
Working...
X