Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Swimming at Lodge Farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swimming at Lodge Farm

Hi everyone,

A first for me this last Saturday. While fishing a match at Lodge Farm on Field pond had a nightmare - with an hour and a half of the match to go I had just managed to get the fish lined up properly on my up in the water line, you know with it bubbling like a jacuzzi and every put in a fish rips the laccy out! Anyway then hooked another fish and oooooppppps the top 7 of my airity is suddenly making its merry way in the opposite direction. A shout comes from the opposite bank - in you go lad - so I quickly stripped off, dived in and swam to the middle of the lake, on retrieving the pole I took a gentle swim back to the bank stood in the magins up to my tits in water and landed the fish to a great deal of applause from the others on the match.... having spent a further 15 mins getting dried off and dressed again the fish had gone from my peg surprisingly enough and never had another bite! - at the weigh in had 88lb 4oz, what was more surprising was exactly 44lb 2oz in each net! I had won the match anyway and one of my mates videoed the whole thing!

Anyone else had to go swimming for your pole?
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

When can we watch the video

Comment

i would have disqualified you for leaving the peg.....
      In darkness we do what we can
      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

They tried that Pete!
        Simon Young
        Admin

Comment

No Larry NFA ruls state that he cannot wade out further than he can turn round and touch his peg so Simon must be disqualified for wadeing hehehe just glad you got your top 7 back simon was the water cold lol
          A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work?????:p:eek:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

We want to see the video

Comment

Trust me you do not want to see the video... although I have been threatened by the owner of the camera that it will be appearing!
              Simon Young
              Admin

Comment

Originally posted by Poleyyyy (steve) View Post
                No Larry NFA ruls state that he cannot wade out further than he can turn round and touch his peg so Simon must be disqualified for wadeing hehehe just glad you got your top 7 back simon was the water cold lol
                AS you say it say's wading but simon swam to retrieve and only put is feet down when back at the bank, so i would let him off. Has long as we get to see the vid.
                Steve Davies

Comment

Working...
                X