Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Zander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zander

Has anyone ever heard of or caught one of this fish? It's called a zander I think and it's a pike/perch hybrid. My uncle caught one on the river yesterday and I'd never heard of it.

http://static.guim.co.uk/Guardian/en...nder--9513.jpg

Yes mate,had a few from the rivers and canals but not had one from a stillwater yet,(keep trying coombe without any luck?)voracious predators,that often devastate the small fish population when first introduced to a water. its a seperate speceis not a hybrid,though is sometimes called a pike_perch.they grow to around the 20lb mark in this country and are a superp quarry as well as spectacular to look at.(wait for the flack ) small live or dead baits,spinners/plugs and worms are the most common baits.how big was yours and what was it caught on?.Regards Peter.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

About the size of the palm of your hand. On the waggler with double red maggot

Comment

Nice sized bait lol, im guessing it was the Severn or the Avon,am i right mate?

Comment

I want one like this.

Comment

sevens the place for them at upton area

Comment

Cheers,mate i know where they are, i just want to know how to get a BIG one, ive tried all the tricks i know and all my mates are having them into double figures but im still NOT. a big zed still eludes me.

Comment

Working...
              X