Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

New pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pole

I am in the market for a new pole but really have no idea of which one to go for, I do know that I would like a 16m pole, I fish on commercial fisheries so carp are my main target. I would like your opinions on what to go for and also has anybody on the site got one for sale. My last pole was a second hand Maver 16m pole which has 5 top kits this one will be for sale soon. Price is one of my main concerns.

Cheers

Whats your budget mate?

Comment

Originally posted by ferryman View Post
      I am in the market for a new pole but really have no idea of which one to go for, I do know that I would like a 16m pole, I fish on commercial fisheries so carp are my main target. I would like your opinions on what to go for and also has anybody on the site got one for sale. My last pole was a second hand Maver 16m pole which has 5 top kits this one will be for sale soon. Price is one of my main concerns.

Cheers
      I do a lot of commercials up and down the country, i use the shimono beast master XTA pro
      16 mts and have an extentoin to 17 1/2 had it about two years now, best pole i've had, strong pole with the power tops and has finess when on the match kits, think you can pick one up for about 5 6oo quid now was over a grand when first on market.
      I find i can barely sit still or keep a thought in my head

Comment

Cheers A.Fisher will have a look at the Beast Master, andyb1 budget is around £600 tops.

Cheers.

Comment

Poles update

I'd like to hear views on what is a good commercial pole.
          Is the Tourny Pro/G10 etc level of pole really that much better than poles of aroung a Grand to justify the price doubling?
          I'm told the MAP TKS 40/50 is excellent, and whilst I know you should go and see them in a shop, how much do you really learn about a pole from a 2 minute waggle?
          I know it's an often debated topic, but I would like to hear general opinions.

Comment

Daiwa Connoisseur G8 is almost as good as a Tournament Pro and you can get a nearly new 1 for around £600, £900 for new.

Comment

I would have a waggle of the Daiwa G8 for around 900 quid its going to do all you need and more, it lacks in the top kit dept, as the package is not huge but for 45 quid you can get a top 3 for it. as for fishability you won't be disapointed Im told its the best selling pole in its price range, I have 2 of these then purchased an Airity and I cant justify the 1500 quid difference other than the spares package and it being more responsive.

Blondie

The G10 and Tourney are both very good poles at one point everyone and his brother had a Tourney, compared to say the G8 I mentioned above the extra grand is going to give you a stiffer more responsive pole but not much lighter as you would expect, but It will feel more balanced, I beleive the difference between the daiwa Tourney and the G8 is around 20 grams which is neglidgable, and the Airity is virtually the same weight as the Tourney.

Poles are very personal you need to get out and have a waggle

JC
              [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
              [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
              [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]
              [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Cheers all.

Comment

Working...
                X