Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fishing holiday..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing holiday..

I'm thinking of booking a week somewhere towards the end of september/beginning of october as my other half as a weeks holiday owing her.
    Just wondering if anyone as any recommendations, somewhere where there's a bit more than just fishing, so my good lady won't be bored out of her skull.

Cheers
    Carl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ALLENS TACKLE AND BAITS, LEAMORE, WALSALL.

UK or abroad?
    The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
    Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
    Check out:
    www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
    log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Get down to Whiteacres, plenty of good fishing, plenty for the wife and kids to do, good crack!
      Come on you Spurs!

Comment

I fish the Pontins festival, last week in september, 3 days at Barford lakes and 1 on the river Yare.

Comment

burgh-le-marsh near skegness. Loads of pond near by to choose from and skegness is only ten minute away. I went last year and the year before and stopped in the white hart pub. The owners are very friendly and the meals are superb. Plenty for the missus to do in skegness and ingoldmells is not far either. Sycamore lakes is near by with a few lakes on there. Catchwater meadow garden centre has a fishing pond on 5 minutes away and can catch carp all day long on the bottem or the top. Mill road lakes is a good fishery close by with 2 lakes on there if i remmeber correctly. the owner is abit weird though. theres a few other fisheries nearby and the locals in the pub will always advise you on where to go. it is a small town with plenty of pubs nearby but they are all fairly quiet with karoke on every friday at a pub 2 mins away from the white hart. The rooms are nice and the area is also great. If you need any more info pm me and i will be happy to help. Think im going again next year if i dont find anything differant.

Comment

Hmmm, I had thought about White acres, Docklow looks nice, but there aint a lot to do apart from fish so the beloved could get a bit bored aint there someone on here who has a pitch on white acres, i've seen it on their signature but can't recall who it was...

Carl.

Comment

Its Cockney Blanker I think Carlbags
              Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

thats right TK

Comment

go burgh le marsh mate. its great.

Comment

have a look at Denbury Farm Somerset- Farm Holidays,Carp and course fishing,farm holiday cottages,horse riding and wildlife haven
                    i had a week in june,and it was awesome.the place is off the beaten track,but within half an hour of everything you need.oh,and if you like nature,youll love this place.
                    talk anglings villiage idiot:p

Comment

Try Woodland Waters at Ancaster in Lincolnshire. The Match Lake fishes very well during Sep/Oct - mixed species but some cracking late season tench are there to be caught.

Comment

any where around skegness mate loads of top quality fisheries .hill view. herons mead.sycamore.catch water meadows.to name but a few
                        nige cooke

Comment

Cheers all for the suggestions.

Carl.

Comment

Working...
                          X