Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

bait bands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bait bands?

hey, i need some help with bait bands, ive brought some bands but they dont have a lip/ hole to put the hook throught... can i just put them them on the hook, then put the pellet in so it dosnt fall of the hook?
    <>< West Midlands angler <><

just push the hook through the wall of the band, as if you were hooking it
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

Either just hook the band or put the band on a hair rig.

Comment

Tie the band on in a small loop and then tie an eyed hook with a knotless knot, leaving the band a pellets distance from the hook. I would never put a band directly on the hook.

Comment

For fishing up in the water i find you get a better hook to bite ratio if the pellets on a hair! Use a overhand knot to tie the band and then the usual Knotless knot! 'Sorted'

Comment

yep tie the band inside a tiny loop and use knotless knot as said above, I use a little green seymo loop tyer to get a really small loop

Comment

Working...
            X