Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

HELP, Match Kits or Power Kits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP, Match Kits or Power Kits.

As I have said in an earlier thread I am in the market for a new pole, do I go for more power kits or match kits with what comes with the pole, I fish comercials.

Cheers.

p.s. if there is anything else I need to know before I buy please let me know.

Depends on your budget the daiwa sr4 comes with 3 match and 3 power and a cup kit for £700 this covers you for both comercials and canals/rivers

Comment

Cheers, covbaz but I don't fish canals or rivers only commercials for carp.

Comment

Then you will need to be looking at power kits.
        I don't exaggerate... I just remember BIG!

Comment

Cheers 11mark11

Comment

Hi Ferryman - a fair few match kits are rated to a 10 or a 12 lackie, so depends on the size of your quarry in the commercials. The lumps might not always be having it, eg - spawning, 'off days', winter time - so you may need to 'scale down' on occasions to capture other species and a lighter lackie may save you bumping smaller specimens.......plus the poles balance and rigidity is often much better with match kits fitted rather than the powertops
            Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

Cheers tk, it looks like I will go for 3power and 3 match kits then if I can get it.

Comment

mate i would say more power kits for the simple is if you use doubled up elastic's its easy to just slide them out and put stronger in, ive got the sr3 with 4 power kits one match kit which only gets used it the winter with doubled no.5 in it i just slide the other doubled elastics out the powers when i need to to put lighter ones in if fishing silver venues so power kits double up as both mate
                [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

I'd only bother with power kit's if fshing red hydro or more and at shorter range's,most match kit's can take purple hydro.

Comment

Cheers vidas and Fordy.

Comment

Working...
                    X