Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

gore tex coats and b anb b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gore tex coats and b anb b

has any one washed gortex clothing and do you have to treat it in enything after ?

gore/tex coats

Hi I have washed my coat 5/6 times now and find the best way is ,verey little soap powder and rins out 2 times in clean water ,any detergent left in the coat will let the rain in

Comment

You can get the proper detergent and proofing stuff from Millets or Blacks. You need Nikwax Tech Wash to clean the goretex and Nikwax TX.Direct wash-in to proof it. I know people just wash the goretex in normal detergant but this stuff is what is recommended and it works.

Don't forget to follow the instructions on the Nikwax and on the wash lable in the garments.

Comment

thanks alot..........

Comment

The nikwax tech wash is dissolved pure soap,so use pure soap flakes dissolved in hot water.

Comment

there is a 2 pack solution made just for waterproofing gortex coats ,its obtainable from all good outdoor shops its called NIKWAX , it cleans,revitalises breathabilty & water repellency (just got that off the pack). its used via a washing machine. im sure if you put NIXWAX in google search you will get all the relevant info!

Comment

I always just shove mine in the normal washing and it comes out fine.
              Simon Young
              Admin
              Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
              web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Another tip (from goretex themselves) is to tumble dry it, it is good for the goretex apparently.

Comment

thank guys i can now start smelling like a tart and not a carp.........

Comment

Working...
                  X