Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Global Technology and Angling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Technology and Angling

Hi All,

With the bombardment of Books, Magazines, hoardes of advertising, Global exposure, Internet technology. What in your opinion has been the most beneficial in our quest to become better anglers. Has the Internet brought you closer to your beloved sport, has it helped broaden your knowledge, taken you to fish places you would have never gone before, meet up with like minded anglers for a good days fishing/banter, we can do our homework on a venue we have never fished before thanks to technology and the helpful people that input their knowledge to assist us in getting a better bag of fish.

Me personally, I was an angler struggling around local venues, trying to pick up any tips I could, but now my passion for the sport has been fueled by not only the good people on this forum some of whom I have had the great pleasure to meet and fish with "great guys". But also the magazines with endless tips, the webb sites full of the latest tackle on show to make us drool, the bargins to be had that keep us interested. So yes I think it really has been of some advantage to me personally.

How about you, what difference has it made to your passion for the sport of Angling.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Bill the most interesting post was last month carp vader wont give you owt....hey thats a bit northern.........which brings me to my point i also think that talk angling and other forums have improved my fishing ( yea yea i know you laff ) i have learnt absolute loads and meet some great people to boot.i also have ventured much further than i normally do and fished venues i have only heard of from here my experience of all this technology is second to none long may it reign
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

The internet keeps me in touch with angling and what's new etc. even though I hardly go fishing at all these days. I too have travelled far and wide and met some decent blokes (and a couple of blokesses ). When I first joined this site I won everything in our club due to the advice I got from here, from the likes of carpmagic and Giles Cochrane, plus loads of upto date venue information. Onwards and upwards

Comment

In my opinion (well it would be) the forums are a big thing for the future - after all you cant ask a magasine a question! I just wish more people on here would come out of the shadows and post some more questions onto the site for the benefit of all the members.
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

maybe we should try a questions and answers on the shout have a panel of experience and see if any one wants to fire questions at them

Comment

actually thats pretty silly......its what we do anyway....lol ignore me

Comment

the internet has helped my knowledge of fishing alot
              :D I'll fish anytime and anywhere (as you can see).:D

Comment

Working...
              X