Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Shotgun Pellet Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shotgun Pellet Feeder

Hi

Iv'e just come across the shotgun pellet feeder made by middy, has anybody used them before, if so can you give me some feed back on them, and can you use them with meat, groundbait, corn etc.
    i will be trying them out for the first time next week end.

Many Thanks

Terry Swan

Natahan did article in Improve your coarse fishing but he's in hospital ATM.

Comment

pellets the best but make sure you have em soaked just right,you can use ground bait but again that as to be just right alsoother wise it come out before you cast

Comment

ok many thanks, will give it a try.
        Has any one tryed meat or corn in the feeder?
        the problem is i am fishing a venue that does not allow pellets.
        Last edited by TerryTurnip; 9 August 2009, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Has any one tryed meat in this feeder or is it to light, i am fishing a venue that does not allow pellets.

Comment

I've had some success with meat either riddled or cubed, just dust it or give it a plug of G/B
            As for corn I've never tried it sorry.
            TIGHTLINES

Comment

many thanks will give it a try, i will let you all know how it goes.

Terry Swan

Comment

hi mate i asked the same question a few weeks ago and got some good help of the blokes so ill pass on my what i learned ha wont take long lol, i used them for the first time yesterday mate and won the match with 93lb so i now love them as for using other baits than pellets well corn wont hold in and meat just might but if your going to use meat why dont you just use a cage feeder for the meat mate or meat feeders what ever you want to call them as for using pellets and hair rigged corn great method i tried the guru feeders but the shot gun was outstanding mate i recommend buyin them iused the elasticated ones worth the money
                [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

i use the large one half fill it with corn - put your hair rigged corn(2 or 3 pieces - big bait) then plug it with pellets -works a treat, as for your pellets get a drennan 3 pint box fill with pellets half an inch from the top and cover in hot water leave until morning after, then put into a big ground bait bowl or large freezer bag and loosen them all up as they are just one complete block add a couple of hand full of swim stim /pellet powder or fish meal just to dust them and they are perfect -pellets done like this are spot on for method moulds as well

edit
                  just forgot to add i find that if i do this quantity it is just right for a 5 hour match with 2 or 3 tins of corn.
                  Last edited by dam; 10 August 2009, 11:59 PM.

Comment

gave em a try earlier in the year just using micros with either corn or meat as hook bait, not bought any since simply because they're banned on a lot of venues around this way i.e kiverton hall dosn't allow open end feeders, hallcroft has a minimum hook lengh of 12" etc etc, but theres no doubt they work.

Comment

oh i recommend mate use the fin perfect feed pellets best ive ever used all you have to do is soak the 2mm pellets for 2 mins only then take all the water out them then set up they am ready for when you start fishin mate
                      [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

Many thanks All, your a great help.
                        Thats why this site is no.1 for angling.
                        I will keep you posted on how it goes.
                        Just found out today there are 14grams & 28gram feeder will try them both.

Thanks Again

Terry
                        Ealing Angling s match secretary

Comment

Working...
                        X