Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

BIG Eel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG Eel

Most will have no interest but i hope a few are impressed.Zandavan Productions Barry McConnell - The Rollover - Eels Zander
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

wow thts a big un never caught one me self but would love too
    I aint that good but i'll always catch em

Comment

hello hurricane, absolutley love big eels. i spent hours practicing how to attract them, catch etc etc as a junior in our local ponds. they averaged 1to 2lbs . i could win match after match with them. never seen one that big up close though. do you catch many when you are dead baiting???
      :confused: WOW, things have changed.:confused:

Comment

Fantastic - hard to think that fish will be well over 25 years old!
        [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Beautiful fish. Wouldn't want to hook that on the pole! lol
          The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
          Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
          Check out:
          www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
          log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mark(wilf) williams View Post
            i spent hours practicing how to attract them, catch etc etc as a junior in our local ponds. they averaged 1to 2lbs . i could win match after match with them.
            Good old Rackerhayes! Had one of 2lb a few weeks back, it was supposed to have been a tench! lol
            The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
            Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
            Check out:
            www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
            log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mark(wilf) williams View Post
              hello hurricane, absolutley love big eels. i spent hours practicing how to attract them, catch etc etc as a junior in our local ponds. they averaged 1to 2lbs . i could win match after match with them. never seen one that big up close though. do you catch many when you are dead baiting???
              I find it strange,but no mate,ive often used very small lives and deads and yet never hooked an eel on any of them,funily enough not too many perch either,i put it down to the wire trace and treble hooks yet plenty of pikers do have a few now and again.
              Last edited by hurricane; 10 August 2009, 03:33 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane View Post
                I find it strange,but no mate,ive often used very small lives and deads and yet never hooked an eel on any of them,funily enough not too many perch either,i put it down to the wire trace and treble hooks yet plenty of pikers do have a few now and again.
                I had one on the Avon - was trying for a zander with small treble hooks, light trace and very small dead roach. Got a really tentative bite - one bleep on the alarm. Watched the line on the end of the rod and finally got to strike..... eel about 2lb.

Lots of eels coming out of our pools this year, in fact, we netted one stock pond and found 24 of them up to aboput 1 1/2 lbs. Someone reckons they caught one about 4lb
                [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

On the Avon Wed to Fri this week.barbel the main quarry but i cant see me not having a dabble for the zeds at dusk.

Comment

Working...
                  X