Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Trent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trent

Hi fellas, do any of you have much success using the pole feeder?

Are you referring to its use on the trent, or generally? We do alot of it on the Avon, and I would imagine that the general principles don't change that much- what is it you need to know?

Comment

just wondering if people have much success using it, never seem to hear of anyone using it

Comment

We use it a lot on the Avon when there's water on, and it is a good method for catching quality fish. It works best with big bait like worms, and since we all started using it around 6 -7 years ago, we've started to catch fish from the river when the match would have previously been called off, i.e. when there's upto 3 ft on, 7 it proves that fish will feed in those conditions.
        We've also used it on the Wye around Belmont, Hereford, and it works for roach, but if there's Dace about they are a nightmare as the bites are impossible to hit. PM dave britton though 'cos he had 25lb of them next to me once, so there must be a way!!

Comment

Working...
        X