Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Long range feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long range feeder

Come on guys - who can chuck a feeder the furthest (with accuracy)

What is the longest you can chuck a feeder, with the festivals coming up in Ireland lets discuss this and also mention the set up you used to do it.

My personal best having spent some time practicing and keeping accurate was a consistent 90-92 yards using a Preston Dream Power 12.5ft with a 6lb shock leader to 4lb Tubertini Gorrilla Feeder.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

When i used to fish the Trent in matches on a regular basis i was quite accurate at hitting targets on the far bank, and at Whitemoor Grove its a good 80 - 90yds, also when fishing Gunwade Lakes at Peterborough you sometimes have to very accurate at 60 - 70 yards.

Comment

I'm,also, quite good at hitting the far bank! Ask Polepot!!
      John - Kingfisher
      Talk Angling Senior Member
      Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher
        I'm,also, quite good at hitting the far bank! Ask Polepot!!
        best idea is to drop it a yard short

Comment

Feeder? Is that one of those things you use with a 'reel'?

Where do you put the elastic?

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

You've got poleitis too!!
            John - Kingfisher
            Talk Angling Senior Member
            Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Is there a known cure?!
              [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

The stumps at packington gearys. if you are 2 yards out you have to wait for a bite

Comment

A few years ago we used bullet shaped speed feeders to get to the far bank on the Trent
                  Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
                  ><((((?>
                  .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

Yeah I use the rocket feeders when in Ireland and the longest chuck I every saw with one of those was Baz Smith - it must have gone way over 100 yards - no wonder they call it Bazzing it out.

I did once put an 1.5oz bomb on with braid and wazzed it as far as I could in Ireland - after getting my confidence up I must have caught one particularly well as a funny noise was heard and I had run out of braid got to the backing and as the knot in the backing hit the tip of the feeder rod pulled it out and it landed about 5 yards out - that was the end of that!
                    Simon Young
                    Admin
                    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

I don't think I've ever fished a venue with the necessity for an overly long chuck to be honest. Plenty of 40-50 yard throws, on lakes, and the Trent I guess. I USED to be able to land it on the button at that sort of range. These days I can barely hit the canal with a pouch of squats lol.

Comment

Well I view of what I am reading I use a Diawa Amorphus Whisker 11-13ft Heavy feeder rod for all my feeder work and when I used to go on my hols to Ireland I would fish the lakes in the Cootehill area. If anyone knows the area they will know White lake on the Dromore system where Bream Island is well there is a spot there that reqires a regular chuck of 70 or yards to hit and that was my regular fishing spot when over there.

As for at home not much chance to do that kinda work but i would say I am accurate at least 70 yards and I freaking love feeder work

Comment

For all my long distance work I use an old Milo feeder it will throw 4ozs of lead but still reads finicky bites,for lighter fishing use the Diawa Amorphus Whisker 11/13ft still water.

Comment

Working...
                          X